I think I am duplicated!!

S

susie

I have just been given some things and am having a problem getting my brain around it, so ideas would be apreciated.

I already have a Sigma 70-200 2.8 ex Macro which I need for low light, I also have a Canon 75-300 IS 4-5.6 which is light to carry, good outside and having the IS is useful for handheld if I'm out for a walk.

I have been given a Prodigital widelens with macro, Jessops extension tubes, a Sigma 1.4 teleconvertor, a monopod and a Canon 70-200 F4 L USM.

I know what the extension tubes do, and the teleconvertor will go well with the Sigma lens, but I now have 3 lenses covering the same sort of distance, but all with different 'good' things about them.
Would I be better off to sell one of the lenses and buy a fixed one with more reach, in which case which one considering the 1.4 teleconverter will turn the sigma into a 280 f/5 ish so I would be looking at a 400? I'm interested in sports so it would be useful length, but macro fascinates me as well :bonk:

Too many options for my little brain cell, and not enough understanding yet of the finer points when it comes to lenses :LOL:

lucky you for being given all that stuff, well the canon is an L lens and there for optically will be better than the other canon.

As you say your need to keep the sigma then to be honest you may as well sell the rest as the sigma 70-200mm will allow you to make it up to 300mm but at F5.6.

You've got good friends to have been given that lot, I would bin the wideangle, the tubes if a full set are useful so keep. The L lens is a cracker but so is the Siggy 2.8, I just wish I had the choices you have :LOL: I would get rid of one of the 70-200 lens as yopu don't need both and sugest you give both a good work over before making a choice. Oh keep the tele converter too. ;)

I know I'm lucky being given it, but with the circumstances I would rather things were different and not have it :crying:

I am hoping to take the L lens out for a walk this afternoon, and see how it compares handheld to the others. Trouble is although he would be fine with me selling the L lens I would not feel so happy about it - decisions decisions.

Susie, if you don't feel right about selling it I can do with a 70-200 and wouldn't mine helping you out of a sticky situation, please send your donation to....... :LOL:

smackbum.gif
Well I may end up selling the 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS as I took the other 2 out this afternoon and the shots from the sigma with the 1.4 attached looked ok on the playback, I need to have a look on the computer before I decide though.

yu lucky thing Suz... the Canon is probably the sharpest of the bunch.. but the 2.8 isa real bonus.. id bin/sell the IS as idont think its a very good lens.. i could be wrong but compared to the other 2...

Howsthe horses going? have you move yet??

I think the IS will be the one to go as I can cover it with the 1.4 on the sigma.

Horses are good and I'm on target for the move so keeping fingers crossed things go the way they are!

Back