Beginner I think I have glitter stuck in my in lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I noticed a little piece of glitter on my lens the other day. It was drizzling and I tried to wipe it off with a lens cloth but think I’ve somehow pushed it under the lens. Is that possible? My photos have a blob on now. . I have attached a pic to show you what I mean. (Top right). Is there someone I can send it to be professionally cleaned. It’s a canon 2zmm pancake and I’ve only had it a month. Thanks

Attachments

• 59111179-E798-42BB-9261-8499767A398D.jpeg
    59111179-E798-42BB-9261-8499767A398D.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 78
The spot looks like dust on your sensor rather than anything in your lens.
Yep totally agree with this, (y)

@tinytog they only usually show when shooting against the sky / something bright.
Assuming its a DSLR Try using a rocket blower, before spending money, remove the lens, hold the lens aperture face down, lift the mirror and "Puff" hard a couple of timers.
Don't stick your fingers or anything else in there though.

Yep totally agree with this, (y)

@tinytog they only usually show when shooting against the sky / something bright.
Assuming its a DSLR Try using a rocket blower, before spending money, remove the lens, hold the lens aperture face down, lift the mirror and "Puff" hard a couple of timers.
Don't stick your fingers or anything else in there though.

I have a mirrorless Canon m50. ‍♀️

I’ve done it! I removed the lens and there was a tiny speck of white on the sensor. I give it a blast with a little puffer and it seems to have removed the mark now when taking a pic towards the light. Thank you so much.

Looks like your camera has a cleaning mode you can activate from the menu - this will vibrate the sensor and attempt to shake dust off. This should also happen when you turn the camera on or off. If this doesn't work after a few attempts, I would try a rocket air blower first as Cobra mentions. A Giottos Rocket is probably your best bet, but beware of cheap fakes that might do more harm than good (the real ones have valves that help to keep the air blown out clean). Here's a reliable UK supplier:
Edit: Glad you've solved it.

I’ve done it! I removed the lens and there was a tiny speck of white on the sensor. I give it a blast with a little puffer and it seems to have removed the mark now when taking a pic towards the light. Thank you so much.
No problem, I'm glad you are all sorted (y)

When/if you change lenses don't forget to use a blower on the rear element of the lens you are putting on, I am personally convinced that most sensor dust originates from rear elements.

A Dust Bunny we call them:) Easy to remove in post- ( Better not to have them at all really and a Rocket blower is the tool for the job in my opinion

Here you are slight unsharp mask and I have increased the exposure a tad too - hope you like it ?

Original

ueQ5t7A.jpg

Edit ( 2 minutes)

231BHXC.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:

It will have been on the bottom-right of the sensor as you look at it with the lens removed (the image is inverted by the lens). Dust can be a problem with mirrorless cameras as, with few exceptions, the sensor is completely unprotected when the lens is removed but dust specs only show up in photos taken at high f/numbers like f/16 or similar.

Very good shot BTW :cool:

Back