I think im getting there but hit a slight road block (wordpress help)

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
Ok I have scrapped things like a new domain name and my blog is at http://www.lukewoodfordphotography.com/blog I have installed wordpress and uploaded a theme I like BUT how do I edit the theme???
I don't want to do anything major, just replace the name with Luke Woodford Daily, write something in the "About" section and get all the links not to be broken. The last thing I want to add is an archive down the side but that will probably be in an upcoming tutorial. If anyone can help me id be more than grateful.

Cheers,

Luke :)

There are two ways that you can edit the theme. The first is by editing the actual files on your machine and repuloading them to the server. The second is to use your ftp client to change the file write permissions for the theme folder. This will let you edit theme files through the Wordpress admin panel.

Also, those buttons might not be working for a couple of reasons. Check that those pages do exist. If not create them and make sure the page permalink matches what the buttons are expecting. Secondly make sure the permalinks are set up correctly. You can view those by going to the permalinks section in the admin panel.

I have to say it's a pretty poorly designed template if it's working that way. The menu should be dynamic and showing only pages that exist.

Is there a place I can find templates where I don't have to edit the code too much? Im useless at that type of thing. I just want a black photoblog that has about, lates, previous, next and an archive (I think I may have to add that?)

Is there a place I can find templates where I don't have to edit the code too much? Im useless at that type of thing. I just want a black photoblog that has about, lates, previous, next and an archive (I think I may have to add that?)

You can have a look here, loads available, that's where I got mine.

Back