I Think I've Made a Boo-Boo !

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so I went into Jessops the other day and had a look at the Canon 5D. Came home read a few reviews and as I want the camera for motorsports. After a bit of searching I discovered the 40D would be a better choice. Scrolling around thier website I found this kit...

Clicky 1

Ok thought that was perfect for me and I thought it wasn't too expensive.

Went in yesterday morning and ordered it. Upto 28 days it will take. I dont like waiting but knew it'd be worth while. Got the finance deal.

... then I went onto the jessops website again tonight and found this...

Clicky 2

Fair enough, then found this...

Clicky 3

Which brings it out to cheaper than the original kit. I know I should have checked before hand but meh... so £240 extra for buying altogether? Am I missing something here?

I also noticed that the 18-85 kit and 40d is available to pick up at 9:45am tomorrow morning.

HELP.

Unless there's something I'm missing I'll go in tomorrow morning and cancel it then order the cheaper deal. :thumbsdown:

Customer service in the store was a joke too.

Sorry for the rant folks. :bang:

Unless im missing something, but i dont think i am.
Yep, cancel your order or tell them that you want the difference taken off.
I have had to phone Jessops Customer Services once and found them quite helpful, so phone them up and enquire, they will tell you what to do.

Bazza, Personally I'd tell Jessops to stick their offer where the sun doesn't shine. I'd also suggest having a look around before ordering from Jessops anyway. Warehouse Express has the two zoom kit for £1289 and Purdy's for £1369 with a free 2gig card and 5% discount (Purdy's apparently also have the 40D in stock although I wouldn't like to bet on it).

Hi,

you'd be better off AND cheaper buying all that kit from Ian Kerr (Kerso) on these Forums you could even use a 0% credit card to pay for it. For example the 70-300 is as low as £320 from Ian or £322 from cameras2u.com ( part of Jessops ) and he might be able to beat the £900 for the 40D plus 17-85 that comes up as the cheapest online price on camerapricebuster.

Have a hunt on Camerapricebuster and you will see that the 3 items can be had for as little as £1222 all in, no finance of course so that might be an issue.

Probably just confoosed matters even more for you LOL.

Mike.

Hi,

justy had a look at warehouseexpress and they do interest free for 9 or 12 months, ok it's really a 3 year loan at nearly 30% but if pay it off within the 9 or 12 months then its 0%.

Check HERE

Doesn't work on Direct Debit it would be up to you to pay an amount every month or in a one off payment at the end of the 0% term but DON'T be late with it or you get charged the 29.8% on the full outstanding amount, this type of finance deal requires discipline on your part.

Mike.

Brian,

I think you get the point, don't use Jessops, except to wander in and play with the kit. I wouldn't dream of buying anything over £20 from Jessops.

I'm old enough to remember the startup shop in Leicester, they weren't interested in cameras or photography then, they just sold boxes, but cheaper than anywhere else, unfortunately, this has caught up with them as they are no longer the cheapest - by a mile -, WarehouseExpress, Kerso, or HK all undercut them, an argument can be made for paying extra if you are getting local service and advice from a knowledgeable outlet, but I wouldn't class Jessops as providing this.

I lost it with Jessops when they started opening lots of poxy little shops that only wanted to flog 'consumer' items - nothing for the enthusiast, the shops too small to hold a decent range (or even any) stock.

I'm not a fan.:thumbsdown:

Thanks for the advice folks, it was a fault on my part. It wasn't the lens I thought was £400 it was a £900 lens with the kit which is why it was so expensive. Went back to Jessops and got it sorted out with the £400 lens and walked out with the whole kit. The manager was very helpful and cheerful too which was nice to see as the rest of them were a bit 'boring'.

I got it down to £1400, I couldn't afford a lump sum like that unfortunately so had to get it on finance. I rang Warehouse Express and they didn't have any 40D's in and was told it'd take about 60days, but I wanted it for xmas!

I hope I don't have any problems with Jessops in the future or else I'll be coming back here on my knees :LOL:

Yeah, I just don't get it with Jessops. Sometime I can't believe the price which they are asking for items. It's a real shame actually as their staff can be quite helpful. It's no wonder that they've had to close stores!

Back