I took the plunge

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
and ordered the Nikon 200-400mm vr today! I blame all of you who took the time to read my enquiry about this lens and didnt try to talk me out of it.
Thanks to you lot I now have to wait 5-6 weeks and am worth a few bob less. :naughty:
:nikon::nikon::nikon::nikon:

Been looking at one too. Well, that or the 400 f/2.8 VR if I stick with Nikon. Lucky boy.

Should fit in well with 70-200mm. Will be interesting to see if its hand holdable for my aircraft shooting.
Maybe I should hire it out when not using it!!!!

Now why don't canon do that lens...

On countdown.......
Been told the wait is now only about another 2 weeks! Can't wait!

I don't think I could stand the strain of waiting, I'd want it now! :LOL:

Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing the pics.

:clap:

Urrrgggghhhh! :LOL:

You could have...erm put it more tactfully! I'm very envious to say the least. Looking forward to seeing some shots with it.

Word has it that it's a very fine lens :woot:

Trust me, 2 weeks is an eternity for me. I dont 'Do' waiting normally. Sounds a monster. 14" long and 7.2lbs!

Update: Been told today that it could be another 6 weeks or even longer to wait. There's a worldwide shortage of the lens! Nikon are saying its due to the Olympics and togs worldwide are buying them up to use at the games. Mmmm.......
I just want my lens! SO if anyone knows of one at a dealers sat doing nothing (very unlikely that a dealer would have one due to the cost) then please pm me.
You never know, there might be a cancelled order out there somewhere. I live in hope.

Back