I want a reversing ring..................

jolsterj

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
how do I know what size to buy?

sorry for being thick. lol.:crying:

You only need to make sure of the brand that works for your camera's brand. In other words, there are no different sizes!

A reversing ring fits just as your lens would!

Say you use a Nikon camera, then any* Nikon lens would fit "snug" .. the same applies to a reversing ring. It's basically a lens mount with a filter thread!

* = roughly all Nikon lenses would fit new dSLRs.

Could you possibly post a link to different sizes reversing ring? I am very curious as to what got you to think there are different sizes?

As I don't know what brand of camera you're using ... I can't speak for Canon .. but Nikon only have the one reversing ring. The threaded part, which is where the lens will mount reveresed is 52mm ø. If you want to use a different thread-sized lens, then you'd need to use a step-up ring (or step-down, depending on the lens you want to use).

For argument's sake, if you're using Nikon, and want to reverse mount the 50mm f/1.8 (which is 52mm ø thread). Then all you will need is the reversing ring (there is just the one from Nikon) and the lens.

This is Nikon's reversing ring.

Yes you are right.

I went on ebay in haste and saw lots but no understand all about it thanks for your time.

I will be ordering in a mo.

Am i right in thinking a reversing ring attached to your camera then a 18-55mm lens will double the distance that is obtainable by the lens?

no the reversing ring is attached to the camera then you turn your lens around and magically it turns into a macro lens.

check out zsitara thread [spelt that wrong she has lips in her avatar]

Yes you are right.

I went on ebay in haste and saw lots but no understand all about it thanks for your time.

I will be ordering in a mo.

You are more than welcome :) .. I hope it's clear now.

Personally, I would avoid the plastic ones that may be available on e-bay. The plastic can flake off when you mount it on / off; the same with plastic extension tubes. These flakes will find their way into your camera, on to your sensor, and in to every little crevasse. I am sure you can find 2nd-hand Nikon ones if you look around.

Am i right in thinking a reversing ring attached to your camera then a 18-55mm lens will double the distance that is obtainable by the lens?

Sorry, I didn't get what you mean!

I "think" you are talking about Tele-Converters :shrug:?! A reversing ring is a totally different piece of gadget.

10 what do you want 10 for?

just go on ebay nikon ones are there for 15 quid ish

I believe it will fit and its not plastic which is good.

as for how good it is i dont know but at that price its worth a pop.

Back