I was stalked by a Leopard in the Cotswolds today...(Edit Added)

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Was at Cotswold Wildlife Park today, and the Leopard was in a very helpful mood, giving me a great sence of being stalked by this wonderful wild animal.

lep_8514.jpg

Edit.
lep_8514_e2.jpg

lep_8532.jpg

lep_8547.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
xSitara™;1328807 said:
Beautiful and where's cotwolds?

Thanks,

Cotswold Wildlife Park in Oxfordshire, great place to visit.

Blimey,you can almost see your reflection in it's eyes :clap: If you were being stalked its a damn good job that tall fence is there :D

Blimey,you can almost see your reflection in it's eyes :clap: If you were being stalked its a damn good job that tall fence is there :D

Thanks, yep fence and Glass, and I was glad. :LOL:

I heard the Red Panda has a contract out on you :D
Love 3!!

That must be it, explains alot, the Panda was not playing ball today (well he was actualy, curled up in one in the tree), will have to have words next time. :D

Lovely series - really like the detail and tones you have captured here.

a great set there. were done.. will have to give that a go my self..

do you know what kind of leopard that was as its markings are slightly different to what i would consider a leopard would have.

the shots are great if not a bit un nerving!

(S)he was being very co-operative Stuart
Great set but #3 takes it (y)
It looks just like a "pre-pounce"

Lovely shots, nice for them to be awake!
Shame about the reflection in the eyes.

do you know what kind of leopard that was as its markings are slightly different to what i would consider a leopard would have.

It is an Amur Leopard.

Hi all great but really like the first shot brillaint, caught him just right
Pete

a great set there. were done.. will have to give that a go my self..

Thanks, were taken at Cotswold Wildlife Park, Oxfordshire, link in Poacher's reply.

the shots are great if not a bit un nerving!

Thanks, they are Amur Leopard's as Mr Orb says.

(S)he was being very co-operative Stuart
Great set but #3 takes it (y)
It looks just like a "pre-pounce"

Thanks, it was a he Chris, most co-opritive I have seen him.

Lovely shots, nice for them to be awake!
Shame about the reflection in the eyes.

It is an Amur Leopard.

Thanks, was nice to see him awake for a change, the eyes are like that naturaly on him, beleive he has problems with them, cateracts I beleive, and he is nearly blind I understand, not that I would want to test that theroy out.

Brilliant pictures. I am hoping to go there soon as its not far from me, i live near to the BMW plant, Oxford. It will have to be when i have got the nerve to take my new camera off "auto" i guess!!!:)

Brian

p.s. not a member of the camera club in Kidlington are you by any chance?

Brilliant pictures. I am hoping to go there soon as its not far from me, i live near to the BMW plant, Oxford. It will have to be when i have got the nerve to take my new camera off "auto" i guess!!!:)

Brian

p.s. not a member of the camera club in Kidlington are you by any chance?

Thanks, you should get along, is a good place to practice, I actualy work next to the BMW Plant, and no not a member of Kidlington Camera Club.

Wow ... how'd you get them? Every time I try and get photos of the cats, I'm either looking at filthy glass or wire cage bars. Any secrets to your success?

Thanks, was nice to see him awake for a change, the eyes are like that naturaly on him, beleive he has problems with them, cateracts I beleive, and he is nearly blind I understand, not that I would want to test that theroy out.

Ah right, when I was speaking to one of the keepers at Cotswold they mentioned they were hoping to retire him soon and they will be getting a new male and female in.

Superb set Stuart, #3 is my fave, you've been spotted...

Wow ... how'd you get them? Every time I try and get photos of the cats, I'm either looking at filthy glass or wire cage bars. Any secrets to your success?

Thanks, these were through the glass, best way to eliminate glass/fence is if you have a lens hood on then get it on to the glass/fence if poss, this will help as the lens cant focus on it and tends to remove it, also helps if the animal is not too close to the glass/fence this also helps lose it, also look for the shot with no sign of enclosure in, allways looks better natural if poss. Hope that helps.

Ah right, when I was speaking to one of the keepers at Cotswold they mentioned they were hoping to retire him soon and they will be getting a new male and female in.

Wasnt aware of that, could be interesting if they do as might have some cubs then. :D

Superb set Stuart, #3 is my fave, you've been spotted...

Thanks John.

Last edited:
Lovely set Stuart

Was there today, he was prowling right by the glass but didn't manage to get a decent shot, very frustrating:bang: and the bloomin Panda was asleep:(

Last edited:
Really love the first one. Great composition. Perhaps could benefit from a little contrast boost, but that's nit-picking, really.

Lovely set Stuart

Was there today, he was prowling right by the glass but didn't manage to get a decent shot, very frustrating:bang: and the bloomin Panda was asleep:(

Thanks Robin, thats what he was doing when I got these, but was also walkin the lengh of the enclosure, so watched for awhile and picked up his path, The Panda wouldnt play ball for me either this time.

Really love the first one. Great composition. Perhaps could benefit from a little contrast boost, but that's nit-picking, really.

Thanks Alan, will look at that not sure if I gave it a boost on that one or not.

The joys of photography Stuart, had little un with me so didn't get as much time as I wanted, he was screaming for an Ice cream at this point:LOL:

The joys of photography Stuart, had little un with me so didn't get as much time as I wanted, he was screaming for an Ice cream at this point:LOL:

The Leopard was screaming for a Ice Cream :cautious: :cautious: Odd behaviour, thought they were Carnivours.....

Ah, You ment your lad. :D

Have added a edit, havent uped the contrast as was done, tweeked some of the other settings.

Thanks, these were through the glass, best way to eliminate glass/fence is if you have a lens hood on then get it on to the glass/fence if poss, this will help as the lens cant focus on it and tends to remove it, also helps if the animal is not too close to the glass/fence this also helps lose it, also look for the shot with no sign of enclosure in, allways looks better natural if poss. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips ... will give it a go next time I'm able to get there.

Great shots. As has been said they eyes are captivating. Nice and crisp considering the low shutter speeds used in the first two.

No-one going for ~4 so I will...he is definitely walking towards YOU, not just in your direction.

Brilliant shots

Andy

Back