I went stalking LADYBIRDS!!!!

Ladybird

Coccinella 7-Punctata
Name
Lesley
Edit My Images
Yes

C&C Welcome! :)

Some very nice shots, I'm jealous I tried getting a few of one I spotted today but they didn't come out nearly as good as these.

Which lens did you use?

Brilliant shots, nice stalking.

Thank you! I borrowed a Sigma 105 to get these! :D

There are a couple more in my gallery if anyone wants to see them! :) :) :)

Ah that explains it :) I was using my kit lens and didn't see a macro lens in your sig.
Once I've got my telephoto lens I think a macro lens will have to be next on the list :)

Macro is next on my list! I love it! :woot: :banana: :D

And a very good job doing it you did too. #1 is superb LB (y)

Nice job LB
#1 in particular (y)

Lovely work, LB!

First one is something rather special. (y)

These are fantastic! Shows me what I can do with my 105! Note to self - get out and practice!! :clap:

NB Any chance you can divulge how you captured such divine ladybirds? Apart from Nikon D70 & Sigma 105, what settings etc did you use?

Rob

Great set..................but the first one..........WOW(y)(y)

Wow!!!! Thanks everyone! :)

To get comments from those I consider totally expert in the macro field is awesome!

I was lucky as had great light which brought out the lovely colours, I experimented by taking the aperture up to get more D.O.F. just played around really, was out there for most of the morning, took 300+ shots, really was stalking the little fellas! :D

Tip: They seem to live in hedges, next door cut their hedge and several came out after being disturbed! Caught them while they were confused (y)

Lovely set LB but I think No.1 wins it as its not your typical classic ladybird shot :clap:

Super pics especially first one. Will have to give macro a go - its a whole new world to explore!

Thanks for the comments, I'm rapidly getting hooked!

It really is amazing how much teeny tiny life is going on in our own gardens!

No. 1 is great - well timed!

Thanks! :)

No 1, either well timed or I was well lucky!!!! Possibly the latter!;)

Must agree with the rest No1 is top notch,
Bet you cant get another one like that in a hurry :)

I have this mental image of you in Safari suit & Pith helmet crawling about your garden.:nuts::LOL:

That first shot is really top notch. Weel dun lassie.(y)

You were stalking ladybirds???????

You should have gone to Cromer a week and a bit ago.........

Infestation of them. Think it made the national news (google ladybird and Cromer - or if you are "loocal" - "bishybarnabee"

ladybirdresize.jpg

Sorry about the c**p quality - 2Mpg iPhone camera was all i had on me.......... Literally walking on them.

Love your shots by the way. I really do need to get myself a fast macro lens........

Back