I won..... a complete set of Camera bags!

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Havent been round here for a while as I have been busy with photography work and life in general but I thought I would share my recent good luck ;)

I went to the outdoor show at london excel last month and met many different companies which products I loved. One being http://www.coordinategear.com

A new UK based Camera bag company offering a range of modular camera bags to suit all. They had a competition, I entered, and won! :naughty:

I was chuffed to take delivery of their complete range of bags a couple of weeks back and am very impressed with their kit.

I used to use thinktank bags exclusively for my kit, as i love the quality and the fact that their bags do exactly what i need them too.....

But now, im happy to say I also use Coordinate Gear's bags.

More reviews will be following as I put their kit through its paces, but initial thoughts and uses have been great, and Im a happy user.

Modular-External-Bags1.jpg

I will also be lending these bags out to TP members local to me (Portsmouth) for them to try out and give feedback to the company, don't see why I should be the only one to get use out of them :) Separate thread coming soon about that.

smells like a big ad for the company to me. Sure you're not the director or a rep or something?

smells like a big ad for the company to me. Sure you're not the director or a rep or something?

the last paragraph definitely has something in it

]

I will also be lending these bags out to TP members local to me (Portsmouth) for them to try out and give feedback to the company, don't see why I should be the only one to get use out of them :) Separate thread coming soon about that.

the last paragraph definitely has something in it

I dunno everyone is so suspicious these days. The o.p has been a member of the site for some time. How about giving him a bit of leeway until you have facts.

nope, not a rep, nor a director.... I see your thought process, but im just stoked to have won their kit.

The reason that i will be lending them out is simply that i have all the camera bags i could ever want and need (all setup for various jobs that i have), dont we all enter competitions that we never expect to win? I just think it would be a shame for these bags to sit in my cupboard and not get used as much as they could.

Im certainly not paid, nor a rep. Im simply a person trying to say good things about a new company that i like, as we all do... and all companies can do with feedback cant they?

nope, not a rep, nor a director.... I see your thought process, but im just stoked to have won their kit.

The reason that i will be lending them out is simply that i have all the camera bags i could ever want and need (all setup for various jobs that i have), dont we all enter competitions that we never expect to win? I just think it would be a shame for these bags to sit in my cupboard and not get used as much as they could.

Im certainly not paid, nor a rep. Im simply a person trying to say good things about a new company that i like, as we all do... and all companies can do with feedback cant they?

I will take a free bag if your offering. :D

Congrats on winning the competition, I never win anything. :bang:

It does look awkward with those smaller bags attached, the main bag itself looks ok. I'm on the lookout for a new bag if you are sending as far as Ireland? Are any of them weather sealed/proof?

It looks quite easy to steal from if worn built up like that, be careful if you put anything expensive or fragile in the outer bag.

i dont think that the picture shown does it justice, and i dont wear mine like that. I have been using the modular setup with three bags;

The Pioneer, Nomad and Explorer and have found it really useful. The later two bags fit inside the pioneer. i personally have no use for the smaller clip on bag the "scout" but think it has its place for someone with a smaller p&s.

My wife has taken a real shine to the "Explorer" and is using it instead of her lowepro bag at our next wedding later this month.

Regarding waterproofness, i havent used them in the rain yet, but the website says they are. Waterproof zips are some of the feedback i have given them initially, and i think thats something they are working on.

Rainproof would do, they don't have to be really water proof, as in , immersed in. My current Think tank weighed twice as much after a recent outing in the rain, I was getting a little worried about the gear inside as I'd forgotten the cover, it was really teeming down. I'd like a bag that just lets the water run off, like an oil-skin. I know some pricier bags like F-stop have this feature. They have like a rain proof skin over the fabric.

Oh, and well done, it's always nice to win something :)

Well done you, they look very nice and I will happily endorse their bags if they send me a free set too (only if they were any good though)

I won a Scott road bike from the cycle show at the Excel about five years ago, thought it was a scam when they rang up to tell me.

Last thing I won was a novelty clock in a poker tournament :D I've since thrown it out as it kind of fell apart and one 9v battery only lasted 2 days running it! But, I was happy to win at the time.

Rainproof would do, they don't have to be really water proof, as in , immersed in. My current Think tank weighed twice as much after a recent outing in the rain, I was getting a little worried about the gear inside as I'd forgotten the cover, it was really teeming down. I'd like a bag that just lets the water run off, like an oil-skin. I know some pricier bags like F-stop have this feature. They have like a rain proof skin over the fabric.

Oh, and well done, it's always nice to win something :)

I tend to put the rain covers over my thinktank bags when its raining ;)

Well done you, they look very nice and I will happily endorse their bags if they send me a free set too (only if they were any good though)

I won a Scott road bike from the cycle show at the Excel about five years ago, thought it was a scam when they rang up to tell me.

when i got the email i thought it was a wind up too, only when the bags arrived did i actually believe it. ooo a Scott bike, nice.... fingers crossed I win one next year lol.

I usually do too, on that one occasion last week however, I didn't have it with

Tom
were you in Woolwich Arsenal not long ago ? and went in to Tesco Express ??
I walked behind someone with those bags...

Hi I just found this post. My name is Paul from Coordinate Gear. Shame I see Tom has stuck his neck out to review our bags. Thanks Tom. Lukas, that was me you saw in Woolwich. I live in Woolwich.

Pretty ungainly looking.

What does it say on the bright red tags? "Mug me"?

Modular-External-Bags1.jpg

Back