I WON FIRST PRIZE....

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, kinda... :D

Lily's school does a 'Cool Pics' photography challenge and this time it was 'extreme reading'. Lily liked the shots on the roundabout we had done so decided that's what she wanted to do for her entry. The pic isn't even that good imo but she said it was brill and wanted to enter it. So we did. She only went and won!! :D

Extreme Reading
by David Raynham, on Flickr

So she's come away from school with a Polaroid L IS 426 16mp digital camera and a Sandisk 8gb SD card, LOL!! :D

Roll on next month!!

(y)

Baby X?

ETA...
Ah! Should have looked before asking (but my excuse is that my other machine doesn't open links from TP.) D7000.

Last edited:
whoop. I tried taking some of George on one of those roundabouts...felt like I was going to lose my lunch after about 2 spins...:puke:

phew - thought it was just me...cant handle the teacup rides at theme parks either :whistle:

Hardly surprising, it's excellent (y)

Thanks guys. Nope, no flash. Get on the roundabout opposite your subject and spin yourself pretty quick, set the camera so you get a shutter of 1/15ish and press the shutter. As you can see the focus is off so I think I went a bit slow at 1/10 but playing around is the best bit.

Then once you get off go and lie down in a darkened corner and throw your guts up. :D

I assume you shot in shutter priority hence why this is f25 to balance the light getting in?

David, lovely shots and a brilliant idea for the topic.

Looks like you now have a camera for your daughter to use so not upgrades for you... ;)

Well done Lily & Dad, a great thought and pic for the subject intended.

Back