i1 display- failed to set luts ?

Coley.

Bryant Gumble
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Ive been trying to get to the bottom of my display printing issues. I've got a samsung tv i use as my monitor and have added the i1 display pro to my collection. It seems to go through all the motions but when i go to save profile (final stage) it comes up with the following

0f87667f.jpg

'failed to set luts from profile :c:Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color\SAMSUNG.icm'

Any ideas what the problem might be ? Do you think it must be a software based problem or could it be it doesnt like me using my tv as a monitor :shrug:

Any help with this would be great (y)

Thanks

Coley

My suspicion may be the TV display, however I would drop a line to X-Rite support to confirm this.

My suspicion may be the TV display, however I would drop a line to X-Rite support to confirm this.

Thanks John (y)

I took you advice and phoned there english number helpline. The operator then gave me another freephone number in Switzerland :help:
The guy on the phone seemed to think it was creating the file o.k, but was unable to save it as it didnt have permission. Im always signed in as administrator so cant understand why it wouldnt be working. Then i googled my problem..................................... seems like theres a few other people with the same complaint-to some up- crappy buggy software that doesnt work straight from the box :( This kind of thing really bugs me- my money i paid for it was all legal and correct, why shouldnt the product they sell be correct and working !?! I guess for now i'll have to hang on and hope they release a software update that corrects the issue :bang::razz::bat::|

Coley

Thanks John (y)

I took you advice and phoned there english number helpline. The operator then gave me another freephone number in Switzerland :help:
The guy on the phone seemed to think it was creating the file o.k, but was unable to save it as it didnt have permission. Im always signed in as administrator so cant understand why it wouldnt be working. Then i googled my problem..................................... seems like theres a few other people with the same complaint-to some up- crappy buggy software that doesnt work straight from the box :( This kind of thing really bugs me- my money i paid for it was all legal and correct, why shouldnt the product they sell be correct and working !?! I guess for now i'll have to hang on and hope they release a software update that corrects the issue :bang::razz::bat::|

Coley

Unfortunately there are so many hardware permutations around these days, it is impossible to beta test every combination. Developers have to rely on feedback from end users to identify faults and fix them then.

Try right clicking the desktop icon and then going into properties. Set the program to always run in administrative mode.

I have a couple of programs that wont store things like activation codes unless it's set to always run as admin. Goodness knows why but it may work for you.

Thanks for your thought guys (y)

I tried altering administer mode without success. Then i thought what the heck i'll try running in xp compatible mode- still no joy. Its just gutting more than anything. I want my new toy to work :dummy::LOL: Once i get to the bottom of it im sure i'll look back and laugh :wave::cautious:
well maybe
Coley

First: Have you looked at the saving folder and found out what permissions it has set? Are the set to read and write or read only

Second : Set up a second Admin account, and see if switching to this you can save the profile.

Thirdly : Try profiling a "normal" display if you have one and see if this works

Last edited:
Thanks for your thought guys (y)

I tried altering administer mode without success. Then i thought what the heck i'll try running in xp compatible mode- still no joy. Its just gutting more than anything. I want my new toy to work :dummy::LOL: Once i get to the bottom of it im sure i'll look back and laugh :wave::cautious:
well maybe
Coley

Coley,

I have encountered the exact same problem you describe above in this thread regarding i1Display Pro and "Failed to set Luts" when it comes time to save the icm profile after doing all the testing.

I was wondering if you were able to come up with a solution?

Thanks.
BB

For me, I occasionally get strange admin permissions problems when my Windows 7 machine comes out of Hibernate mode.
I for one get the problem when my profiling program runs (although I use a different make, the problem is that it has difficulty saving the icm file after hibernation).
The work-around is to reboot, and try again (or sometimes, I can profile my second display, then go back to the first, it appears that after hibernation it is sometimes possible that Windows does not release the file for writting after it has been read and loaded).
You might want to try it, perhaps.

Sorry for delay in response BB. Unfortunately i never came up with a solution for using it with my tower (windows 7) however it works as it should on my laptop (xp)
When i get chance ill try coldpenguins suggestion and see if that fixes it. If that fails im hoping a firmware upgrade might sort the issue

He he he, dont you just love software updates !!!! :naughty: Just got a new samsung t.v and thought i'd try calibrating this one. Upon plugging in, it showed there was a update available- so i updated. Ran through the same motions again and the same 'failed to set luts' error happened again.....................However :banana: this time it put up a link http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1397&Action=support&SupportID=5529 explaining how to fix the problem. My problem was using windows 7. After going from top to bottom on the list trying different things im pleased to say the problem is fixed. I almost feel emotional about it :hug::LOL:
Heres the bit that fixed things for me -

"Disable User Account Control (UAC). Open Control Panel and then ‘User Accounts’, select ‘Change User Account Control Settings’ and move the appearing slider down to level ‘Never Notify Me’. Restart your computer. Note: it might be necessary, that you re-install the i1Profiler software with turned off UAC. See also: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1115&Action=support&SupportID=4378"

Thats all it took. Before and after calibration pictures are worlds apart. Now i just need to re edit all the pictures i've just interfered with :razz:(y)

Coley

Back