i1profile no longer works....

Edit My Images
No
Hi, i had been using i1profile for years along with a i1display x-rite colour calibration tool device.

I had my monitor calibrated but recently it got messed up as i was tweaking my monitor for something.

I then wanted to recalibrate it and noticed how i1profile had a new update upon launching it.

I downloaded the update and instaled it and now it no longer works.

It instantly crashes as soon as i launch it and i tried a coupleof holder versions of the app and no joy.

I have tried the below:

Reinstalled it a couple of times
run it in admin mode
Upgraded my OS to windows 11(it was windows 10_
Reset and reinstalled Windows 11 from scratch

I have checked the event logs and here is the output from there:

Faulting application name: i1Profiler.exe, version: 3.5.0.15661, time stamp: 0x61c10f85
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22000.856, time stamp: 0x92321736
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ea939
Faulting process ID: 0x4a98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8bd396741fbf1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Rite\i1Profiler\i1Profiler.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: cf2a14e2-087b-4d86-9774-3d963a2b4d03
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

There a new website to download from now.

I went up to W10 a few weeks ago and when I searched for the installer it took me somewhere else and it's called something different!

I have iDisplay Studio I think.

Xrite sold off their calibrator 'division' to Calibrite and IIRC Calibrite are also responsible for the software...................but IMO go via the Xrite website to check what they advise as I think I read about compatibility issues of the older calibrators with the 'Calibrite' software???

Xrite sold off their calibrator 'division' to Calibrite
That is not technically true, as it is just another terrible rebrand of X-rite consumer division, and it is still the same company.

But for practical reasons all software should be now acquired from Calibrite website

Or you could go down a completely different route.

Do a search on the forum for 'DisplayCal'.

Back