Ice Hockey from Finland

Edit My Images
Yes
Sort of forgot to post few images here as well, but after KIPAX posted some of his shots today. I dug these up from the last week.
Couple of hockey shots - lighting in the Fight and Jump photos was average for Finland. ISO going to between 1000 - 1600 depending and f 2.8 - 3.5
The Shot on goal and Goal photos are in one of the best light arenas in FInland, ISO can be down to 400 and you could crank the f. stop to 5 if you really want to...

I just 'had' to add that picture of the fight, as that is what many people expect to see from hockey... more hockey images can be seen over here!

ShotOnGoal.jpg

LuttinenHyppy.jpg

This image is the only one of the lot shot with the Sigma 120-300, others are with Canon 70-200 f2.8. You can see some difference in the quality of the images.. or I think I can anyways. Although light and stuff do come into play as well..

Fight9.jpg

Goal.jpg

As always, comments and critique are always welcome, I have learned much from listening to advice here. So feel free to leave feedback on these images as well.

And as always, if any TP members ever pop over to Finland during the hockey season. Give me a shout if you want to do some Hockey photography...

yes you must have a fight picture:) I wish I had such good lighting... #2 is excellent maybe becuse you ahve a crowd .. and a player in mid air .. I think #1 is not so good... but the others are all very very good :)

yes you must have a fight picture:) I wish I had such good lighting... #2 is excellent maybe becuse you ahve a crowd .. and a player in mid air .. I think #1 is not so good... but the others are all very very good :)

Thanks for the comments!!
I do agree that the crowd add to the second image, as well as being lucky with the timing of the shot. It was one of the few 120-300 shots that really worked out well.
As said, the 70-200 gives shaper results (or maybe the fault is in the user).

Back