Ice Hockey photography thread - 2011/2012 season - Post your shots here

I'll be there for both of those, so whichever works for you. Bring the camera and take some shots and we can grab a beer before the game?

All checked and im good to go on the 21st Mark, looking forward to shooting the game ;)

We suffered anothe loss this evening going down 8-2 at home to Swindon. Have done a few images from the game:

D7K_3034 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_2902 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_2854 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_2847 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_2841 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_2837 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

Last edited:
All checked and im good to go on the 21st Mark, looking forward to shooting the game ;)

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you there. I'll PM you my mobile number - give me a bell and depending on what time you're getting there, I'll shout you a beer in.

BTW, nice pics. My two faves are #1 and #3. Are the originals big enough to crop a bit closer on those 2 pics?

Mark.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you there. I'll PM you my mobile number - give me a bell and depending on what time you're getting there, I'll shout you a beer in.

BTW, nice pics. My two faves are #1 and #3. Are the originals big enough to crop a bit closer on those 2 pics?

Mark.

Cheers Mark, will I be okay to buy a ticket on the door or is it advisable to get one before I come over??

Yeah the images are big enough to crop in tighter, ill have a blast and see how they look ;)

Cheers Mark, will I be okay to buy a ticket on the door or is it advisable to get one before I come over??

Yeah the images are big enough to crop in tighter, ill have a blast and see how they look ;)

Hi Matt - if I were you I'd book tickets in advance. Not because it'll be full, but you'll get a better seat if you buy in advance. There's a seating map on the Blaze website - you should be able to request the block you want to sit in.

I can also get you into the media gallery (quite high up, but great view!) or you can shoot through the plexi - your choice.

See you Wednesday (y)

Ticket booked Mark, im in block2 but will text you when I arrive so we can hook up. Getting quite excited at the prospect of shooting some Elite League hockey and yeah id love to get up onto the media gallery if poss.

Ticket booked Mark, im in block2 but will text you when I arrive so we can hook up. Getting quite excited at the prospect of shooting some Elite League hockey and yeah id love to get up onto the media gallery if poss.

.... And some decent light !!!!, dont forget to set a new white balance chap, dont think they use the same 'battery chicken shed' lights like what we do :LOL:

.... And some decent light !!!!, dont forget to set a new white balance chap, dont think they use the same 'battery chicken shed' lights like what we do :LOL:

I meant to say, I've got an Expodisk if you want to take a new custom WB shot when you get here :) Oh, and after Telford, you'd better bring your sunglasses.... :LOL:

I meant to say, I've got an Expodisk if you want to take a new custom WB shot when you get here :) Oh, and after Telford, you'd better bring your sunglasses.... :LOL:

Its gonna be a luxury to shoot in some decent light for a change mate, ill be bringing an expodisc so should be all good but thanks for the offer ;)

Not sure what time im leaving as yet, a guy from Telford has reserved all the tickets so I need to meet up with him before we get in but prob gonna aim to get there for about 6:15 - 6:30ish

A few from Sunday's game at the Skydome - Coventry Blaze V Edingburgh Capitals

6545424555_0d9a4aaa62_z.jpg

6545429231_cc3b3fdc0b_z.jpg

6545430211_e40a9618b7_z.jpg

The biggest challenge is to find a clean piece of plexi to shoot through!!

Last edited:
hewhoknows said:
What lens are you using there Andy and are you shooting from your seat or around the plexi??

Using Canon 70-200 f4 L on my 7D with ISO cranked up to 3200 and a good dose of LR3 noise reduction!

These are shot through the plexi. Good fun when they get really close!

Andy

ps - just remembered you're going tonight so this reply is probably too late!!

Last edited:
Nice to meet up with Matt (hewhoknows) tonight and also Andy for the last couple of games.

Few pics from tonight...

xMCT5459-XL.jpg

xMCT5476-XL.jpg

xMCT5520-XL.jpg

xMCT5593-XL.jpg

xMCT5702-XL.jpg

Tredders - Great action shots

Cheers Steve. Nasty Christmas jerseys though, eh? :LOL:

When are you going to come to the Skydome for a game then? It's a proper Talkphotography meeting ground now :D Always nice to meet fellow snappers.

Yesterday I visited the Coventry Arena where I saw Coventry Blaze Vs Braehead Clan.

First off a massive massive thanks to Mark (tredders) for inviting me over and for making me feel very welcome. I definately will be buying the beers at the playoff weekend mate (y)

OK so I had a pretty good seating position so shot the 1st and 3rd periods from my seat and spent the 2nd period with Mark shooting from the media gallery (which is excellent by the way :D). Mark im so glad I went back to my seat for the 3rd period as there were quite a few goals that I managed to capture.

I shot around 300 images on the night but here are a few that stood out for me:

D7K_3340 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_3335 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_3358 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_3345 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_3280 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_3207 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

Cheers Steve. Nasty Christmas jerseys though, eh? :LOL:

When are you going to come to the Skydome for a game then? It's a proper Talkphotography meeting ground now :D Always nice to meet fellow snappers.

At least you can see the players numbers and names ok, not like our snow capped ones :LOL: If tigers make the playoffs :LOL: so will I ;)

Yesterday I visited the Coventry Arena where I saw Coventry Blaze Vs Braehead Clan.

First off a massive massive thanks to Mark (tredders) for inviting me over and for making me feel very welcome. I definately will be buying the beers at the playoff weekend mate (y)

OK so I had a pretty good seating position so shot the 1st and 3rd periods from my seat and spent the 2nd period with Mark shooting from the media gallery (which is excellent by the way :D). Mark im so glad I went back to my seat for the 3rd period as there were quite a few goals that I managed to capture.

what a load of Cr..... acking photos :) youve been spoilt now though, remember i warned you what would happen :LOL:

And the next generation of Flyers including a couple current and previous flyers kids.

The Fife Eagles (under 10's) show their skills between period 1 & 2. They were absolitely fantastic, like little terriers chasing a ball - and in from of a crowd of 1,900.

6588406521_678ce79453_b.jpg

6588409699_e716ab2d15_b.jpg

6588413345_58b9f34d17_b.jpg

6588417575_b4b73bd2bb_b.jpg

6588416071_7c27d65b5e_b.jpg

6588408577_2bf0befda8_b.jpg

And the next generation of Flyers including a couple current and previous flyers kids.

The Fife Eagles (under 10's) show their skills between period 1 & 2. They were absolitely fantastic, like little terriers chasing a ball - and in front of a crowd of 1,900.

Great Photos, but they are frustrating to watch, as its all in slow-mo, by the time most get to where the puck was its gone ! :LOL:

Hi guys, sorry not posted any hockey stuff for a while, been a bit busy.....for the hockey fans... we did some ice hockey images & stuff in the mag....

Article on Kyle Bruce of the Braehead Clan...
http://issuu.com/emulatemagazine/docs/issue1/6

A little article from the Clan physio...
http://issuu.com/emulatemagazine/docs/issue1/28

A little photo feature on the Clan...
http://issuu.com/emulatemagazine/docs/issue1/45

Great game against Dundee the other night right to the end edge of the seat stuff.

cheers
Iain

Thought i'd just include you guys in a photography milestone for me - since you've been with me since the beginning! I've had my first picture used in the local press. Very chuffed (Tredders might not be happy though! :)):-

CIMG0072 by jumper80, on Flickr

Good work mate, well done. Its great seeing your images in the press isnt it. Well done ;)

Did they give you any credit for the shot as I cant see a tag line anywhere, or were you one of the lucky ones that got paid for the pic??

Did they give you any credit for the shot as I cant see a tag line anywhere, or were you one of the lucky ones that got paid for the pic??

Neither unfortunately. That column is written by Dave Simms, our marketing manager. I'm guessing when he's sent the column in he's picked a couple of pictures to send with it that he's had saved - and probably won't have know which photographer has taken it to include.

Back