Iceland Aurora

Fantastic shots...very envious. Like all four,especially No.4. After watching Joanna Lumley in her documentary she made I think your photos really capture this fantastic phenomenon.....well done.

Excellent photos :). I was there in Iceland but didn't have the chance to see the light. Bad weather. :(

Again many thanks folks.
I'm well pleased with the northern lights stuff, I couldnt have asked for better displays :)

So jealous, very cool shots.

In #1 is the horizon slightly wonky or is that just the landscape? Love the 1st and last ones in your first post and the additional one you posted.

Superb! one more thing adds to my list to capture, but just hope to make it one day

how do you judge on the shutter speed? have you got a light metre to measure first?

Superb! one more thing adds to my list to capture, but just hope to make it one day

how do you judge on the shutter speed? have you got a light metre to measure first?

No light meter, it was trial and error on shutter speed :p

These are spot on (y)... reminds of when i was a bairn ,my brother and i used to walk up this hill where we used to live in the middle of the night ,it was amazing to watch

Fabulous images - you've done a terrific job. As others have said, I'd definitely like to see the aurora before my time is up!

A superb collection.

I've always fancied going and I'm just trying to convince the mrs that it would be a good location for the honeymoon in September. :bang:

This was the sky directly above my head on one of the evenings of strong activity

5581824094_58677d700d_b.jpg

And another from side of the hotel

5581824172_a359ce3276_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just fascinating shots, sincerely jealous!

From our well deserved photographer of the year I would expect nothing less than this quality:)

Well executed shots Marie and a pleasure to look at them(y)

Hiya Marie,

Thank you so much for sharing these absolutely stunning photographs.

It is one of my dreams to some day see the Aurora Borealis and hopefully be fortunate enough to capture such gorgeous photos as you have.

Well done capturing such a beautiful set and how lucky you are to have had such an amazing experience.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks again folks.
I only just got round to processing those last two and decided to stick them on this thread :)

One of those sights I've always wanted to see, have to get out of Devon I suppose.
Great photos and withe foreground adding to the scene.

Stunning pictures, especially No 4. The reflection sets it off.

Have you not seen and photographed the aurora from Skye? There must be plenty places well away from light pollution with landscape backdrops.

I took a couple of rolls of film when there was a tremendous aurora about 6 or 7 years ago. Everyone in the village was out watching for hours. I've often seen the green pulsing lights but this was the only time I'd ever seen so much colour. Unfortunately the films disappeared. The processing company said they didn't receive them and Royal Mail couldn't find them either. :-(

I must've gone just after you went (12th - 21st), and we didn't get to see the magic but, still had a fantastic time. Your shots are fantastic and until now, I wasn't too upset I'd not been fortunate... meh!

I would love to see the Northern Lights. They are great shots Marie, thank you for sharing :)

You got some fantastic shots there fella :clap:

Anyone would be proud to have any of those in their collection (y)

Thanks folks.
I'm going back to Iceland next feb/mar for an aurora special (hopefully!)

Brill pictures im new here just seen these photos im going to iceland in febuary to see the northan lights and these pics have made me want to go NOW..

Well done you had more luck than me when I visited Iceland two years ago I was frozen half to death travaling around by coach for over 5 hours with out a glimpse of the lights very jealous.

Back