Iceland - March 2017 - Super 8

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

For those of you who don't frequent the F&C section and the recent thread about Super 8, I thought I would share this, my very first Super 8 film from one of my favourite places.

Aside from adding the title and soundtrack, there was no post production editing, it was all stop/start in camera.

Sure there will be the people who don't see the point when digital video is free and this is expensive, but I have some more rolls to be shot on forthcoming trips. :)

View: https://vimeo.com/215886635

Well I enjoyed it Gaz and looks like you had a better time with the weather than when we were there...
Looks very nostalgic and although I know nothing about the super 8 camera and how they work etc it flowed really well, looking forward to the next instalment :)

Very retro; it looks like a vast improvement on the travelling companion compared to two years ago though :D

Well I enjoyed it Gaz and looks like you had a better time with the weather than when we were there...
Looks very nostalgic and although I know nothing about the super 8 camera and how they work etc it flowed really well, looking forward to the next instalment :)

Thank you, Paul. :) It's basically just stop/start when you want to record. You can edit after in software and I feel my latest one will need that, although I didn't;t on this occasion. :)

Very atmospheric.

Shame someone scratched the film

If you mean the orange line throughout, I am not sure it is where someone has scratched it, being so consistent, although I am not sure where that comes from. I guess we will see if it's still present on the next one.

Very retro; it looks like a vast improvement on the travelling companion compared to two years ago though :D

Haha they are two American girls who I travelled with and who I can now call my friends. In fact, I am just back from staying with one of them and her husband in Portland, Oregon. :)

That reminded me of the tourism films that were shown when I was a kid in the 60s, so I guess objective achieved. (y)

My father shot a bunch of super 8 movies, but they have all disappeared now. :(

Back