Iceland sightseeing trip

Edit My Images
No
Me & the wife have just spent a wonderful few days sightseeing in Iceland, awesome scenery...couldn't believe our luck to catch the Northern Lights in Reykjavic too despite travelling in late April, we were on organised tours but i managed to grab a few shots along the way

Northern Lights above Reykjavic

Skogafoss Waterfall

South shore road to Reykjavic

Black sands near Vik on the south shore

Mountain view from Vik, South Shore

A nice set, I like 3 and 5, and I didn't have an issue with the watermark.

My god, I went there from the 8th to 11th with my Girlfriend, we went on the northern lights tour several times but nothing, I can't believe you captured the lights near the statue of the Viking Boat! We walked past it several times too, but not at night though. Out hotel was a few minutes down the road from there, I did wonder if i stayed up if i could see the lights from the hotel.

There is always next year i guess. Brilliant pictures by the way.

Ian

A nice set, I like 3 and 5, and I didn't have an issue with the watermark.

Thanks...awesome place and a "must see" for anyone into scenery, I didn't really have time to scout or setup shots as we were on an organised tour, an incredible landscape to photograph expecially if you have more time!!

Simon

My god, I went there from the 8th to 11th with my Girlfriend, we went on the northern lights tour several times but nothing, I can't believe you captured the lights near the statue of the Viking Boat! We walked past it several times too, but not at night though. Out hotel was a few minutes down the road from there, I did wonder if i stayed up if i could see the lights from the hotel.

There is always next year i guess. Brilliant pictures by the way.

Ian

Thanks Ian....we were very lucky to say the least, the rep on our South Shore tour during the day mentioned that night had a good forecast so we sat at the ship from 11.30pm, nothing happened for 45minutes and we were just about to leave went it all burst into life..

Here's a straight-forward shot of the sky

Simon

Amazing I really wished I had done that, we went out from 9pm until 1am, we had clear skies were told that it is perfect conditions etc etc, but nothing! I will be going back to capture them plus the place is amazing!

Oddly enough though My girlfriend managed to capture more last year when I drove us to Northumberland National park!

Well done on the shot!

Ian

Unfortunately thanks to the UK Govt it's essential now to identify images you post on the web so needs must...have a read of this, we all just lost copyright ownership of our images...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/29/err_act_landgrab/

I think #1 is a great photo.

Thanks for that link. So basically if you upload a photo anywhere online now you have just given it a way free to anyone who wants to profit from it. That really stinks.

Amazing I really wished I had done that, we went out from 9pm until 1am, we had clear skies were told that it is perfect conditions etc etc, but nothing! I will be going back to capture them plus the place is amazing!

Oddly enough though My girlfriend managed to capture more last year when I drove us to Northumberland National park!

Well done on the shot!

Ian

We also did the same the following night Ian which was supposed to be even better...nothing but frost-bite that time, even so we were delighted to just have seen them once(y)

I think #1 is a great photo.

Thanks for that link. So basically if you upload a photo anywhere online now you have just given it a way free to anyone who wants to profit from it. That really stinks.

Thanks...apparently to maintain ownership you must register your photos & guess what you have to pay:shake: I'm trying to find out who/how you register and just how much it costs...heard photographers already considering stopping positing on forums/Facebook/Flickr etc, ridiculous situation created by the Govt

Simon

Lovely set Simon enjoyed then all and certainly along way from North Wales lol, and thank you for the link interesting read.

Thanks Kevin.....I think you might need to change the copyright statement on your website, it looks as though it might need to read

"Unauthorized copying is strictly encouraged by law" :shake:

Simon

Back