ID please

Looks like a worn out Blue tit to me :LOL:

I think its a rather sick looking Greenfinch. Might be an idea to give your feeders a good clean in case it has caught that disease (cant remember the name)

On a serious note, it's not a tit, it's got a finches beak. My first thoughts were Chaffy but I'm erring towards Greenfinch too now.

It is a greenfinch and does look a bit poorly. However, it might just be moulting and its head looks a little damp. If it sits around on the ground a lot, is fluffed up, seems to have problems swallowing food it might have trichomoniasis. If so, it is important to empty bird baths every day and let them dry for 24 hours before using them again as the parasites can survive in water and will infect healthy birds (mostly finches) that drink from it.

Last edited:
It is a greenfinch and does look a bit poorly. However, it might just be moulting and its head looks a little damp. If it sits around on the ground a lot, is fluffed up, seems to have problems swallowing food it might have trichomoniasis. If so, it is important to empty bird baths every day and let them dry for 24 hours before using them again as the parasites can survive in water and will infect healthy birds (mostly finches) that drink from it.

thanks Sandra. My only bird bath was empty for few days and got filled yesterday by rain. To be honest, I've never seen any other bird than collared dove using it. If this poor chap was sick, I'll blame it on my bloody neighbours;)

Greenfinch. sterilize the birdbath with a kettle of boiling water.

I would say its a Juv Goldfinch looking rather sad for it self.

Tim.

Back