ID required

Name
Jackie
Edit My Images
Yes
Was busy shooting rugby at the York 9's last weekend when heard the drone of this heading my way. I had no time to be messing about with the setting, just literally point & shoot. Fortunately I was shooting at a high speed anyway, and had a 300mm lens on, but I was worried about it all being blown out (dark rugby shirts to bright sky!). Hubby thinks it's a Dakota but can someone confirm this for me. Not really into aircraft.

3707585431_8f245e8424_o.jpg

3708399888_f172164696_o.jpg

3708395734_22370f7cda_o.jpg

Was busy shooting rugby at the York 9's last weekend when heard the drone of this heading my way. I had no time to be messing about with the setting, just literally point & shoot. Fortunately I was shooting at a high speed anyway, and had a 300mm lens on, but I was worried about it all being blown out (dark rugby shirts to bright sky!). Hubby thinks it's a Dakota but can someone confirm this for me. Not really into aircraft.

You would be correct.

Belongs to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane)

Many thanks. To think I doubted him

To quote BBMF

'The Dakota

Douglas C47 (DC3) Dakota ZA947 was manufactured in March 1942 and initially issued to the United States Army Air Force.'

Back