ID11 stock solution

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone please tell lme what dilution the stock solution is of ID11 please.

Cheers

Last edited:
Last time I mixed ID11 it was a powder that makes 5 litres of stock. It is this stock that you then dilute to 1:1, 1:2 etc. At 1:1 you will get 10 litres of developing solution

The stock is just the powder mixed up, either to make 1l or 5l depending on the packet you bought. I wouldnt try and part mix it, It keeps well as stock in full, air tight bottles. You can then use it as 'stock', and reuse or replenish if you wish, or alternatively you can then dilute the stock it either 1+1, or 1+3 with water to make a one-shot working solution. Once mixed to a working solution it needs to using there & then and doesnt keep well at all.

The destructions confused me ( it doesn’t take much lol) .
5ADC7D40-E973-4B9D-AA72-ED7E42E2E212.jpeg
Clearly the stock solution can be used at stock strength, 1+1 or 1+3

If I’m understanding you guys correctly , the 5liter pack that I have needs
to be mixed with 5 liters of water to make the base stock solution.
Is that right?

Sorry for sounding a bit dim but powder developers are a new area to me ( I recall using Kodak powder chems as a teenager but they were already mixed to solution by an adult. )

Last edited:
Oh and if you now have a painful neck, I can supply neurofen :exit: :ROFLMAO:

The destructions confused me ( it doesn’t take much lol) .
View attachment 297643
Clearly the stock solution can be used at stock strength, 1+1 or 1+3

If I’m understanding you guys correctly , the 5liter pack that I have needs
to be mixed with 5 liters of water to make the base stock solution.
Is that right?

Sorry for sounding a bit dim but powder developers are a new area to me ( I recall using Kodak powder chems as a teenager but they were already mixed to solution by an adult. )
To prepare stock developer, dissolve the contents of part A (the smaller bag) in about three-quarters of the total solution volume (see carton) of warm water at about 40ºC/104ºF. Stir until most of the part A powder has dissolved, continue to stir while gradually adding the contents of Part B (the larger bag). Keep stirring until no more powder dissolves. (NB it is normal for a few grains of powder to remain un-dissolved.) Add cold water to make up to the final volume (see carton) and stir. Allow to cool to room temperature, nominally 20ºC/68ºF, the developer is then ready to use. (y)

The stock is just the powder mixed up, either to make 1l or 5l depending on the packet you bought. I wouldnt try and part mix it, It keeps well as stock in full, air tight bottles. You can then use it as 'stock', and reuse or replenish if you wish, or alternatively you can then dilute the stock it either 1+1, or 1+3 with water to make a one-shot working solution. Once mixed to a working solution it needs to using there & then and doesn't keep well at all.

The life of stock solution of ID11 is incredibly long. I have just developed a cassette of FP4+ and the date of mixing was August 2018 and this was a a part used bottle. Dilute it and you can almost see it 'going off'

Cheers guys.
Sorted it.
Will be interesting to see how it compares against hc-110 which I normally use.

Back