Ideas for landscapes in the Peaks

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I am hopefully going to the peaks tomorrow and would like some ideas of good places for landscapes (preferably with pics), somewhere within relativly easy drive of stockport.......might go as far as sheffield area. Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanx

If you are happy to get up really early, you could try a sunrise from Curbar Edge.

Early in the mornings the mist sits down in the valley below, that coupled with the rocky cliffs create some great landscape opportunities to photograph.

I am away in the caravan this weekend in the Peak District so you may see me there!

If you are feeling energetic, hike up to the top of Mam Tor in Castleton, (takes 20 minutes) you will get some good shots up there this weekend if the weather remains as promised.

I am a massive fan of the Peak District luckily I live on its doorstep.

A link to info on Curbar Edge:

http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/areas_a_h/curbar.htm

It depends which way you come from Stockport. If you came over Winnats pass and then went through to Bamford and then upto Ladybower then you can return over Snake Pass and go in a large circle.

There is Mam Tor near to Winnats Pass which if you are feeling lazy you can park nearby and walk up to the top. On a clear day you get some amazing views from the top. Also if you go past Ladybower and leave the A57 you can go up towards the Howden/Derwent reservoirs. I'm not so familiar with the western part of this circle (you'll probably know more of that side!)

It's a little further but one of my favourite places to take shots is Cam Height on the outskirts of Ringinglow near Sheffield and Suprise View which is near to Fox House also on the edge of Sheffield.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers people some good ideas there.....will have to give it some thought. Quite like the idea of Curbar edge but might strugle to get up early enough :LOL:.

i will be cycling around ladybower/derwent today so see a wave i wil lbe on a black bike with a red backpack!

Back