Ideas for world domination required

OK guys what have we decided re the 5x4 film??

I'm about ready to click the confirm button on this maco order so if we're to add a box of film for the meet then i need to know.

I'll hold back for a couple of days to allow responses but wednesday is D day! Lol

OK guys what have we decided re the 5x4 film??

I'm about ready to click the confirm button on this maco order so if we're to add a box of film for the meet then i need to know.

I'll hold back for a couple of days to allow responses but wednesday is D day! Lol

@Yv @Cobra - did we manage to find any brass down the back of the sofa for this ?

@Asha - what kind of cost are we looking at for a box (I've no large format kit at the moment(and no ambition to do so either) so i'm not up to speed on the costs these days...)

@Yv @Cobra - did we manage to find any brass down the back of the sofa for this ?
Yvonne has the purse strings, but I believe that some arrangement has been or will be made.

By coincidence, I was thinking about this last night.

Time is pressing on and we could do with sorting out exactly what we're going to do and start organising ideas and practicalities.

I'd be happy to offer speculative suggestions for an itinerary if everyone's happy for me to do that.

I've just made a post in the mega meet thread that probably should have been made here....:oops: :$

I'd like to go, but may well be on holiday and out of the country on the date (probably Scotland :D). However - I've just checked my darkroom fridge and I have an unopened box of Bergger 200 Panchro (25 sheets), expired in 2005 which I'm happy to donate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just made a post in the mega meet thread that probably should have been made here....:oops: :$
You mean that one? ;)

And as I said thats a very kind offer (y)

Yes, that one. If someone would like to volunteer an address via PM I'll post it out. Preferably someone connected with organising the meet :D

Yes, that one. If someone would like to volunteer an address via PM I'll post it out. Preferably someone connected with organising the meet :D
I'll let @Yv take that, I work away a lot ( unless it'll go through a letter box? I know nothing of film you see :D )

I've litterally just got in and took a quick glance at thé replies.

Very kind of Stephen to donate so the question to pose is how much 5x4 film are we likely to need??

I'm still up for adding a box to the maco checkout if we need it .....i'd suggest a box of fomapan 100 which is dirt cheap at 31.50 euros for 50 sheets......at present exchange rate that's about 25 quid and of course there will be no postage charge.....i'll just invoice @ Cobra with the donkey hire charge to cart this stuff!'lol

Let me know if and what we need and i'll do my bit at this end.

Last edited:
I'm happy to chuck in some moolah to help the cause.

Just a semi bump to ask if the 5x4 film situation is covered, as I'm still willing to send a box. And I can confirm that I'll be out of the country until after the meet. I don't know if any LF processing is envisaged at the meet, but I could also loan a CombiPlan daylight developing tank if that would help. I'll be taking my Harrison tent on holiday, but I'm sure I have a changing bag that I could use as extra padding if needed. All I need is an address to send it to. ;)

Just a semi bump to ask if the 5x4 film situation is covered, as I'm still willing to send a box. And I can confirm that I'll be out of the country until after the meet. I don't know if any LF processing is envisaged at the meet, but I could also loan a CombiPlan daylight developing tank if that would help. I'll be taking my Harrison tent on holiday, but I'm sure I have a changing bag that I could use as extra padding if needed. All I need is an address to send it to. ;)
Yvonne ( @Yv ) has her finger on the pulse of this I believe ?.

OK folks, we have a month left so perhaps it's time to décide on who is taking what gear and how we propose to express just how cool film photography can be to those that dont shoot it!

Stephens kind offer of sheet film still stands giving us a kick start with thé LF format.

As there was no feedback to my posting as to how much 4x5 film we may need, i didn't purchase any additional film so if Stephens donation is not going to be sufficient, then that is another area to be addressed.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I intend to raise the subject at this weekend's Stratford meet.

Hopefully, we'll have some movement after that.

Right folks, apologies, spent half of yesterday [and most of the night] battling a windows machine with a rabid malware infection, and managing to blow up my mbp, which meant I not a machine to hand to post with.

So, I have had a pm from Stephen about some stuff, will message you back shortly, happy to be the 'collection point' if anyone needs to send stuff.

I think we do need to keep it simple to some extent, I am expecting something like 50 people around each day, not all will want to do the film stuff, but I bet many will, so a range of fairly easy to use cameras across the formats is probably the way to go.

I am desperately editing like a loon as I am still hoping to make it to Stratford tomorrow, will see where I am this evening and confirm later.

I'll just add that I'm willing to add a few sheets of Harman direct positive paper in 5x4 size if
a) there will be a camera there that can use it
b) there will be the means to process on site (ortho, so red safelight fine)
c) it's thought to be a Good Idea (capitals intentional).

As mentioned previously happy to crush all those that oppose us with some 40" prints and the 10x8 originals they came from, can drag several 10x8 and or 5x7 / 5x4 cameras along. Think I'm up to four Combiplan tanks now if people want to play developing 5x4 on site.

I'm not sure what peoples idea's are for shooting demostrations ? if say people want to try portraits / still life I have a reasonable set of portablish studio flash gear.

I have an out of date but always fridge stored Ilford Ortho in 5x4 that people can play with and or a box of out of date Velvia 100F quickload or in date Fuji Ns160 that was so cheap happy to give away going up in size a old un opened box of FP4 in half plate I'm not very interested in and in 10x8 I have some Kodak EPP and Porta VC 160 long out of date that can be played with and some delta 100 about. 10x8 developing on the day not to practical but happy for people to use some they can either dev / scan it themselves later or as long as they are patient I'll do it gratis for them.

Thought I might bump this thread too, just to jog people's memory.

Back