Ideas needed

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
So I’ve been doing lots of product photography lately for a local business, and to date the pics have been coming out just fine. The only drawback are the requirements. They are: it must have a white background to sell items online through the big sites. I cannot show other items within the shot ie: plants or anything to enhance the sellars look.

So today I have been given a couple of highly reflective stickers. In fact they are Paramedic stickers that are normally worn on the back of a paramedic, so you can imagine how reflective this is already.

So I’m looking to shoot it as it is, shall I do a straight on shot, angled, lob sided?

I need a decent idea on how to show the item that looks different and stands out from the rest. If you google paramedic reflective sticker the images generally look bland and are all face on.

I know there is not much I can do with the restrictions in place but surely I can make the look better than what appears on google. I did find one decent shot which was clearly photoshopped with enhanced lighting effects. It looked good but also looked a little like a digital painting so was technically not the actual product the person was buying. I’m proper stuck for a way to show it off and thought I’d ask around.

I considered a white paper background with the sticker on some blue tack elevated for separation from its base to give depth. It’s gonna be down to lighting I’m sure of it.

I have 2 elinchrom soft boxes available and one speed light and lots of enthusiasm

Most product photos are truly appalling, and I totally support anyone who wants to do better and who appreciates that in an overcrowded marketplace with loads of different people selling identical products at low prices, it's better photos that lead to better sales.

But, I think that you may have chosen the wrong battle here. People buy paramedic stickers because they need them, not because they want them. This isn't a product to be creative about, all that you need is clear, basic shots that show the colours, dimensions and method of affixing them to the garment, that's it.

Personally, I would save your creativity and enthusiasm for products that can be made to look better.

Back