Identification Help Please - 1% 13 ... ?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all ... :wave:

:help: ...

Have any of you seen ... or can you identify what this is about for me please ... :shrug:

1% 13 ... it is possibly auto industry related ... :thinking:

1_13.JPG

I have searched extensively and cannot turn anything up ... :bonk: ... so I am hoping someone can help ... :D

Many thanks for checking this post out ... :ty:

:p

Google says for 1%13:

1 modulo 13 = 1

Is all I can find:)

no idea!

hmm i found the ebay auction but can find nothing else on it

says its Harley related but buggered if i can find it

Check here

"It is during this era that the notorious “one percenters” emerged on a national scale from the outlaw biker subculture. The dominant motorcycle clubs of the time took the secession a step further and turned the AMA’s declaration back on itself, claiming the remaining 1% as a badge of honor and forming themselves into a loose association of truly outlaw motorcycle clubs known as One Percenters (Barger, et al; Pigot)."

I confess to knowing sod all about Harleys but Matty's prompt and a search for 'one percent' rather than '1%' did the trick!

Just found this :

The Hell's Angels seem to have a preference for large heavy-duty American-made motorcycles [Harley-Davidsons]. Club members usually use a nickname, designated as their "legal" name, and are carried on club rolls under that name. Some clubs provide that initiates shall be tattooed, the cost of which is included in the initiation fee. Probably the most universal common denominator in identification of Hell's Angels is their generally filthy condition. Investigating officers consistently report these people, both club members and their female associates, seem badly in need of a bath. Fingerprints are a very effective means of identification because a high percentage of Hell's Angels have criminal records . . .
Some members of the Hell's Angels as well as members of other "disreputable" motorcycle clubs belong to what is alleged to be an elite group termed "One Percenters," which meets monthly at various places in California. The local Hell's Angels clubs usually meet weekly . . . Requirements for membership or authority to wear the "1%-er" badge are unknown at this time . . . Another patch worn by some members bears the number "13." It is reported to represent the thirteenth letter of the alphabet, "M," which in turn stands for marijuana and indicates the wearer thereof is a user of the drug.

From an excerpt in this book

Must be one of his 'working from home' days ;)

Don't knock it....I have it on good authority he is working VERY hard!! ;)

You seem to have got it there Marcel...well done.

Thank god for that! I wouldn't have slept tonight fretting about this. :D

Ace stuff DS ... well found ... (y) ... :D ... appreciated much ... :clap:

"A Brief History of "Outlaw" Motorcycle Clubs" - if that is brief cor blimey m8 ... :LOL:

I think I know about 1%ers or 1 percenters or whatever else they might call themselves but I still don't know so much about the 13 bit ... going to explore Marcel's bit now ... :shrug:

Also haven't found anything tying the two together in one 'badge' yet ... unless I've missed it ... :thinking:

Thanx very much again DS & everyone ... you are coming up trumps once more ... :clap:

Ace stuff DS ... well found ... (y) ... :D ... appreciated much ... :clap:

"A Brief History of "Outlaw" Motorcycle Clubs" - if that is brief cor blimey m8 ... :LOL:

I think I know about 1%ers or 1 percenters or whatever else they might call themselves but I still don't know so much about the 13 bit ... going to explore Marcel's bit now ... :shrug:

Also haven't found anything tying the two together in one 'badge' yet ... unless I've missed it ... :thinking:

Thanx very much again DS & everyone ... you are coming up trumps once more ... :clap:

Its in the link - its related to marijuana - hence my comment above about green....

Its in the link - its related to marijuana - hence my comment above about green....

I did get that much Joe ... thanx m8 ... ;)

What I haven't found anywhere is the link up between the 1%-er patch and the 13 ... :shrug:

One (other) theory to the 'M' one is the '13' States where Angels and other outlaw MCs had a presence ... :cautious:

More delving to be done yet methinx ... ;)

Everyone here is just SOoooo good at finding out just about anything about everything ... or everything about anything ... nearly ... :naughty:

:ty: Guys 'n Gals ... (y)

Another patch worn by some members bears the number "13." It is reported to represent the thirteenth letter of the alphabet, "M," which in turn stands for marijuana and indicates the wearer thereof is a user of the drug.

"M" also stands for Mommy... it could mean that they're Mommy's boys after all. :LOL:

Probably the most universal common denominator in identification of Hell's Angels is their generally filthy condition. Investigating officers consistently report these people, both club members and their female associates, seem badly in need of a bath.

From an excerpt in this book

Ha, ha, now that's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!

Jewel ;)

I can't believe you guys found it, I looked for ages this morning trying different search combinations even taking into account the black and red against the numbers.

I'm glad you did find it though, it was really annoying. So well done DS & Marcel oh and matty for giving DS the idea of where to search. :clap:

Do they get a prize Venometer?

Yes that's all correct - read it in Hunter Thompson's book - Hell's Angels while I was doing research for a photo story on the Wessex Hell's Angels in Reading. At the time they were involved in a turf war with the Windsor chapter and kept losing members in 'mysterious' circumstances.

well! Everyday is a school day!

Thirteen "13" - Common patch worn by "Outlaw" bikers. Can have several meanings. The most common held meaning is it's being the 13th letter of the alphabet "M" and stands for Marijuana or Meth. It's also known to stand for the original or "Mother" chapter of an M/C. In the last few years, many places are saying the "M" stands for Motorcycle.
In the "Ese"/ Mexican community "13" is often used to represent the "South Side" and "La Eme" (Mexican Mafia).

From here

Also

Thirteen (13) - It is for Mother Club e.g. The original chapter of the club and the ruling body of the club. If a member is wearing a 13 he is a member of the Mother club and is a boss of the club.

From totalmotorcycle.com

Great Marcel ... :ty: ... :D

You are a reet font of all things ... evil ... aren't you ... :LOL:

Appreciate the pointers ... I couldn't turn anything up other than what you pointed to earlier ... 'M' ... and the thirteen states the Angels had Chapters in ... :shrug:

Thanks again m8 ... (y)

Just need to source the reason for the badge now ... won it for the single bid ... 13 is my fave/lucky number see ... :D

Do they get a prize Venometer?

:love: ... :hug: ... :ty: ... :plus1: ... (y) ...

... Nuff said ... :D

What more is there ... :naughty:

On a serious note ... I know not of a single instance where someone on the forum has not directly helped ... or been instrumental in helping ... to find the answer to any question they have been asked ... awesome for a photography forum ... :notworthy: ... :notworthy:

Back