Identification help

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

a friend of mine inherited some old family SLR gear a little while ago and has bug some of it out of the loft with the possibilities of selling it, so ive took one of the lens's for you guys to have a look at,

firstly, any idea what of model it is off ? as the lens is made by Hoya but im thinking its for a Pentax, just not sure what type,

and secondly, is this lens, or potentially any of the other kit that is typical to be with it worth anything ?

Thanks for any help, here's a few pictures of the front and rear etc,

009tx.jpg

010kl.jpg

011ro.jpg

013ho.jpg

014ihr.jpg

it has stamped on the mount ,so my guess is the old pentax k bayonet fitting

It appears to be a Pentax bayonet fitting (P/K), however this lens is the old 'M' series not the 'A' version. The mount is exactly the same, but is more suited for Pentax's 'M' series cameras such as the ME-Super, MX, MG, etc.

Later models were 'A' series, for example the Super-A, Program-A, A3, etc, and this required lenses to have an additional 'auto (A)' setting on the lens aperture ring which would enable you to use the program exposure functions of the later cameras.

As for the value, I don't honestly know for sure. May be best to have a look around e-bay or used dealers to see what they go for, but whilst the lens quality is fine, it won't command a very high price I'm afraid.

Ooh, I've got one of those, in the old Canon mount. It's ok, nothing special. My Canon FX doesn't have through the lens metering so exposure is always a guessing game.

I paid £60 for mine in 1990. I haven't got the lovely lens case though. No idea what it's worth now.

Back