Identify a lens...

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I've been given three lenses and I have no idea of their fit or what camera they belong to. I use the Canon EOS cameras but I've tried fitting them to my camera and the lens fit is too small. I was wondering if there was anybody on this forum who really know their lenses that could help me identify which camera fit they are?
The first lens is a Carl Zeiss Jena II 52mm, 1-2.8.
The second is a EBC X-Fufinon 1:1.6, f=50mm
The third is a Sigma Zoom II, 1:4.5, f=70-210mm.
Ill attach photos. Any help will be much appreciated!
View media item 107465
View media item 107464
View media item 107461
View media item 107460
View media item 107466
View media item 107459
View media item 107463
View media item 107462

Hi

I am not 100% sure but they remind of the Pentax K mount

HTH :)
Not PK the two aperture levers are near 180° apart on PK this seems to have some extra linkages too.
I suspect that little silver dome will be characteristic of the mount, it's quite an unusual feature but seems to be on all of these.

Not a mount I'm familiar with, but it's the only mount listed for the x-fujinon 50/1.6 on allphotolenses so it's a good bet!

I should point out lenses designed for the X-mount will not focus to infinity on EOS DSLRs, they are designed to sit 0.5mm closer to the sensor than EF lenses, so any adapter must have a negative length...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I notice you've got some rear lens caps there.
Sometimes the rear caps were marked with the lens mounting.
For example I have some caps labelled "OM" which stands for "Olympus OM mount" and you might have one labelled PK for "Pentax K mount".
Worth checking them.

Also don't get confused between "Fujica X-Mount" and "Fuji X-Mount". The former is for old film SLRs and the latter is for modern mirrorless Fuji cameras like the X-T3.

That first Carl Zeiss is actually a 24mm macro lens, the 52mm refers to the filter thread. A 24mm macro is actually quite fun, I have a similar one in OM mount that I use on an adaptor with my Canon 6D.

Last edited:
The Zeiss lenses are probably Praktica bayonet mount lenses and the Fuji lenses the original X-mount (not to be confused with the mirrorless X-mout).

Also don't get confused between "Fujica X-Mount" and "Fuji X-Mount". The former is for old film SLRs and the latter is for modern mirrorless Fuji cameras like the X-T3.
That's an important distinction! It's actually hard to Google information about the 35mm Fujica X mount, since Fuji reused the term 'X' for the modern digital system. The mounts actually have nothing in common. Fujica 35mm SLR cameras are pretty easy to find on ebay if you want to try these lenses on film. Make sure you get one like the STX-1, AX-3 or AX-5 that uses the Fujica-X mount. Earlier Fujica cameras used yet another mount (M42 screw).

The Zeiss lenses are probably Praktica bayonet mount lenses
I wondered that at first, but it doesn't look to me like Praktica B in the photo. I think at this point CZJ-branded lenses were being made in Japan under licence in various third party mounts. But the mounts should be carefully compared to check if they all belong to the same system.

Last edited:
Do the mounts all look the same? As Mike notes, they seem to share a distinctive feature, which the photo of the mount in this thread also has:
https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/help-identifying-this-lens-mount.457533/
There is an EOS adapter that uses an extra glass element to get infinity focus, which isn't ideal for image quality:
https://fotodioxpro.com/collections/lens-mount-adapters/products/fx35-eos-p
Hi, yes they all look the same. The three lenses came from my mate's father who used them on his camera. But he can't remember what camera it was!
I don't know whether to get the adaptor ring and keep them for my EOS cameras or whether to sell them on. This is why I needed someone to tell me what fit they were so that I could sell them. This forum has been a great help.

I notice you've got some rear lens caps there.
Sometimes the rear caps were marked with the lens mounting.
For example I have some caps labelled "OM" which stands for "Olympus OM mount" and you might have one labelled PK for "Pentax K mount".
Worth checking them.

That first Carl Zeiss is actually a 24mm macro lens, the 52mm refers to the filter thread. A 24mm macro is actually quite fun, I have a similar one in OM mount that I use on an adaptor with my Canon 6D.

Great observation! The one cap has an 'E' on it then a small 'FX' at the bottom...
View media item 107467

They'd probably be of more interest to someone with a Fujica SLR, or perhaps a mirrorless camera that can use them all the way to infinity focus with a simple glassless adapter. The zoom and the 50mm aren't anything special, and you'd be better off putting the price of the adapter towards modern EOS equivalents if you don't already have them. The wideangle macro is a bit more interesting, like Alistair says.

That "E" is actually the greek uppercase letter for Sigma Σ, which tells you want brand of lens that cap belongs to and the FX does translate to Fujica X.

That's great. At least I now know what fit they are. If I can't sell them, I might get an adaptor ring for my EOS cameras. Many thanks for your kind help!

Thank you everyone for chipping in and helping me identify these lenses. You all have a Merry Christmas!

Back