Identifying Birds

Edit My Images
No
Could anyone recommend a good website or book even on identifying different bird species ... love to shoot them ( camera only ... :) ) but a total newbie when it comes to knowing whats what ..

thanks

I'd :agree: on both counts with Marky and Cuddy... (y) ... Birdguides is easily one of the best sites which is what your OP requested but you cannot really beat a good book and the Collins Field Guide is definitely the very best out there at the moment imhgo... ;)

You could also try this relatively new BIRD ID site... :shrug: ... it offers a new way to go about bird ID and is not half bad when you get used to how to use it... :D

HTH... ;)

:p

Collins is arguably the best bird feildguide for the UK, and here is a link to a great site for birds http://www.birdforum.net/

Yes, agreed. I have their Birdguide on a PDA as well as the book. It carries a wealth of information about each species including pictures, habitat and even a sound file so even if you can't see it you can still identify the bird. Not cheap (no pun intended) but invaluable.

Collins also do a book called Identifying Birds by Colour ISBN-13 978-00-720679-7.

I find it quite useful

Back