If I went down to the woods today....

Edit My Images
No
Had a little walk in a moist and misty wood today and knocked these off.

img_0536.jpg

img_0543.jpg

img_0551.jpg

No1 for me Sie. it just looks a bit washed out, but otherwise a lovely shot. I just dropped the gamma a bit.

img_0536-2.jpg

Just tell me to bugger off and I'll leave you alone. :D

I love the 2nd too. As photostar said, awesome texture!

Thanks everyone :)

CT: Thanks mate. I toyed with the levels for some time trying to decide wether to drop them a bit. I decided to keep them as is in the end because it was a foggy day and the misty atmosphere added to the scene and also cause I wanted to keep a little detail in the trees on the right. Although the less gamma version looks a more contrasts/saturated version it no longer has that misty feel that I got from the original scene. Again thanks for your time though mate :)

Superb (y)
Paul

Aye - No.2 is great! Lovely lines!

. Although the less gamma version looks a more contrasts/saturated version it no longer has that misty feel that I got from the original scene.
Fair does Sie - see your point entirely. :)

Lovely Sie ... (y) ... the woodland scene is very moody and you have captured it well imo ... :D

The texture attempt could have done with some lighting to give it depth but I realise you would be limited in the woods ... ;)

:p

Don't you just love tha way people see pics.

1 does nothing for me at all, 2 lacks texture in my eye but when 3 scrolled into view I thought....... WOW!!

Looks like a set to please all the people and that can't be bad eh. (y)

Excellent work their Sie - I'm loving 2 & 3.

Where did you take them? :)

1 just doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid but I really like 2 and 3 :)

Thanks everyone :)

Venometor: There was no direct light at all only and only the diffuse light of a cloudy skie through the mist coupled with poor light in the middle of the forest. Shutter speeds were from 10-30secs at ISO200. Wonderful subject though. I may go back to this one.

dazzajl: Your right there photography is sooooo subjective. I wonder how few photo's there are that appeal to everyone.

Tetra2000: Hello mate :)..These were from deep into the Wyre forest near bewdley. I was looking for fungi but found these instead :)

Back