If money were not an issue...

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
So, if you could have one dream piece of kit what would it be? I guess the professionals already have it all. For me a 300m 2.8. Have a good weekend.

A D3 or whatever the equivalent is these days, mainly for the amazing low light performance

im happy with my D300 but i would need a 400 2.8vr to go with it.

Nikon 200-400 VR II and if I'm not skimping a TC-14E II. I'll also be needing an arca replacement foot, gitzo gt3542LS AND a gimbal (current one I want is the Jobu HD3).

Please make cheques payable to....

I could just pick something expensive like a 300 or 400 f2.8, but in time I may actually buy one of these because I have a use for one.

So I'm going to pick something I fancy but could never really justify because it would get little use, TS-E 17mm f/4 L Tilt-Shift

Something about the size of a Nex 6 with...

A built in EVF with wide DR and which is usable in low light with minimal light leakage.
ISO 50 and 100 at the low end and maybe up to 6400 at the top.
A max shutter speed of 1/8000 sec.
A fully articulated rear screen that can be turned to the body.
A built in pop up flash.
Magnified view for use with manual lenses.
And to go with it... a range of compact and quality fast primes, 20, 30, 50 and 85mm equiv., a few f2.8 macro lenses, 50, 90 and 150mm equiv., a range of compact zooms including a standard f2.8 zoom and a wide and long mid aperture range zooms.
PS. All the lenses are to be non FBW... but still to have full time manual focus adjustment and to have focal length and DoF markings and be manual use friendly.

Point me at it and I'll buy it all.

Last edited:
So, if you could have one dream piece of kit what would it be? I guess the professionals already have it all. For me a 300m 2.8. Have a good weekend.

I think you would probably find that the professionals have only what they need to do the jobs they do regularly enough to justify having the kit, and not necessarily the latest version of anything.

Much more likely for doctors, dentists, lawyers and architects who are keen amateurs to have it all.

I'd probably go for some kind of panoramic head for shooting landscapes - something I wouldn't make any money out of but would get some enjoyment from.

70 - 200F2.8 IS. or perhaps an 85mm prime of some sort

Not that amazing, but I don't want / need anything really tele or really expensive, even 200 probably wouldn't get used :LOL:

500mm f4 IS MKII with 1DX attached :D :LOL: :whistle: or 200-400mm f4

D4S .. could never justify one, certainly can't afford one but definitely want one!

Leica S2 - £20,000
Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH - £7380
Leica Super-Elmar-S 24 mm f/3.5 ASPH - £5330

Oh & a fully converted VW T4

Last edited:
A canon 5D MK111 & a 70-200 IS L 2.8 MK11,i would be very happy with that.:clap:(y)

Back