If this is genuine

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
someones picked up a bargain. I think I'd want to do this one by pick up.

Could it be true

Splendid picture of a couple of cardboard boxes...

eh... zero feedback and someone bid on this :wacky: Too good to be true I reckon. :thinking:

Looking at the wording the first line says "Brand new guaranteed USA Canon Factory Warranty. Great state of the art Digital SLR camera in the world. The box is unopend and new"

That could be interpreted as they are selling the warranty - ie not a camera.

Once heard about someone buying a 42" plasma TV, only to find out that they'd actually bought a picture of the TV (came rolled up in a cardboard tube). The wording of the advert supposedly said something like ' For sale 42" picture plasma TV', then went on to describe the TV and all its functions !

Could it be true

More to the point what are you looking at brand new MkIIIs for..:cautious:

And yes definateley a scam artist at work..:bat:

and with the seller having a 0 feedback rating
blink.gif

edit: RickMezza beat me to it, oops

I was only being diplomatic about "could it be genuine" :p

More to the point what are you looking at brand new MkIIIs for..:cautious:
LOL, just keeping an eye on things ;)

Last feedback in 2006, I'd think thats possibly a hacked account :(

Take a look at his other items for sale .... Could be a very expensive con.

"Payment must be received using a bank transfer to my bank account. I do not accept other payment options because the products are very valuable. Please do not bid if you do not accept the payment option."

Not only zero feedback ... but a name like dyre ... :eek: ... should be a clue there somewhere ... :shrug: ... even to the uninitiated ... :cautious:

:p

This guys got two MkIII's, can't believe it's not been pulled yet

here

£1000 odd for a new box , nice deal for the seller that

Quite, and zero feedback - buyer beware has never rung truer. Someone will be very disappointed.

Finished at £950, there are three people who have either got a real bargain or more likely a nasty shock coming.

I emailed them to see if cash on collection was available and got no reply..

What do you think..:thumbsdown:

SCAM...:bat:

Could it be true

the photo has a newspaper in it to prove the date of the photo is recent. Only thing is that its a US newspaper. So, he's nicked the photo from a US listing.

The good thing about scammers is their are always lazy or stupid. One day there will be some clever scammers and then we will be in trouble.

Only thing is that its a US newspaper.
Good spot, I didn't actually notice that.

Edit: also emailed eBay, can't understand why I didn't do it earlier :(

Not only zero feedback ... but a name like dyre ... :eek: ... should be a clue there somewhere ... :shrug: ... even to the uninitiated ... :cautious:

And they are no longer a registered seller. Did the person lost their £1200? I guess we'll never know :cautious:

Looks more like a cube to me :)

Back