Beginner If you are ever wondering what kit to start out with....

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I would get my Nikon D90 out of semi retirement and try it with a lens I bought for my son, a Nikkor AFS 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR. I must say I was very happy with the results. For kit that probably now would cost no more than around £350 second hand I thought I would share this for anyone that is on a tight budget etc.

Hugo by Andrew Morris,

Hugo by Andrew Morris,

Untitled by Andrew Morris,

The shots of the Lion were taken through the green metal fencing, and the Ocelot was taken through a perspex screen.
I hope this will be of use.

Cheers, Andrew.

The 70-300 af-s VR was my first nikon wildlife lens and for the money (around £200 used private sale) its outstanding. Its a fantastic lens and well worth buying if you are on a budget.

The D90 is still a very capable piece of kit - there's no reason at all to dismiss it as 'old' or 'obsolete'. It may not be up to current specs regarding high ISO performance or pixel count but its still very much a useable camera.
Was only talking to my boy yesterday about one as he wants to upgrade his D5100 and was asking about the D90. Somehow he has now decided that I need to upgrade so he can have my D7100 - how does that work?
I would happily wander around with a good old D90 though:)

My first ever SLR. Amazing camera. Tempted to get one for my daughter as she has shown an interest!

A superb body, it was my first DSLR. I cannot believe they fetch the price that they do. I suppose pixel counts sell.

I'd say the same about the Caon 40d (in the interest of balance).

A very capable camera you can pick up for pocket money.

I'd say the same about the Caon 40d (in the interest of balance).
I still have a 40D as a "Backup to the Backup camera" its been going strong for years, albeit losing its live view function. Owning older kit is no compromise to taking good pictures, and sometimes, just as good as some of the newer kit!
Just get out there and use it people :)

Back