If you could shoot any motorsport event...

Hi Charlotte

I see you list Essex as a location, if you want a bit of a flavour of classic motorsport look out for open mornings at JD Classics in Maldon.

My pictures are not a very good example but you can see the potential, free as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25857109@N08/sets/72157640181619325/

Some more detail shots - not mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/querth/sets/72157631875224506/

Well worth a few hours on a Sunday morning. And parts of Maldon are quite photogenic as well

David

Yeah one of my relatives takes his classic up there. Not really my thing, cars in showrooms, but I will most likely pop up sometime when the weathers better.

Only just seen this and haven't really shot cars for a long time and didn't do it that well when I did. However, WTCC cars when they visit Marrakech, would love to take one or two and a driver or 3 and some techs off round the back of the medina, for some 'set-up' shots amongst the locals, the fruit and veg carts, donkeys, etc etc.... mind you, if someone could spare me an F1 car, a driver and some techs to do the same.... :D

...what would it be?

Yes, its Christmas wind down time, so lets have some banter!

For me, MotoGP at Laguna Seca... I watch it on the telly everytime thinking "jeez I'd love that shot of the pack through the corkscrew!"

Laguna Seca is a bugger to shoot. Most of it doesn't have a crash barrier and then a separate catch fence that you can stand in between, it has a a concrete wall (similar to that on the French motorways) and the catch fence sprouts out of the top of it. The corkscrew isn't too bad, and the best shot is actually from the public area. Most of the track only has small windows cut in specific places for the pros to shoot through, and many of them are cut in places where the circuit thinks the photographers should shoot from, not where the photographers want to shoot from.

Actually I think someone else once told me that... I can still dream of the most epic scene in bike racing B-)

Have been over to the Isle of Man the past 2 years and going again this year, I'll haply admit to falling in love with the place and with the event. Even as a spectator you can get some brilliant shots, however if it's your first visit then I do encourage/insist that you leave the camera alone and watch one session from the bottom of Bray Hill (as long as there is no changes from last years incident).

Couldn't really narrow it down to 1 particular race/event, so by bucket list arranged in no specific order is...

• The Rally of Finland, ideally the Ouninpohja Stage.
  • The North West 200 (or any road race event in Ireland).
  • Surfers Paradise race in the Aussie V8's.
  • Also include the Nordschleife 24hr race in my bucket list.

Too many to choose from, Ulster GP, Northwest 200, Isle of Man TT or Horice (Czech TT), the Dakar sounds like a challenge as well

Back