Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No

Its been a crap week at work and I was looking forward to
a little light relief But...............

Friday night and my drinking buddy has gone AWOL :(
theres bugger all on the TV, but the Mrs is watching it anyway, #1 daughter is out clubbing it,
#1 son is "killing" a few mates "on-line" sprawled out in his room
I am sitting here staring at a half empty bottle of Pernod...
there has to be another "MILF" type thread with some milage in it, somewhere somehow.........
How about a few tongue twisters or something......... anything ................:shrug:

I'll start .....

"rowing down a river in a rough cut punt,
not a punt cut rough
but a rough cut punt"

Im not a pheasant plucker
but a pheasant pluckers son
Im only plucking pheasants
till the pheasant plucker comes

No thread is worthless it can always serve as a bad example:)

Thanks for being the 1st to post on an "ignore" gets 'em everytime :LOL:

Duly ignored (y)

(can I have a whisky please :D)

Sure, there ya' go (y)
That one should have made it, as I can't stand the stuff meself :D

"rowing down a river in a rough cut punt,
not a punt cut rough
but a rough cut punt"

Im not a pheasant plucker
but a pheasant pluckers son
Im only plucking pheasants
till the pheasant plucker comes

You forgot the:
8 sock cutters cockily cutting socks,
7 Sheet slitters slickly slitting sheets
6 cicilian seamen sailing the seven seas
5 etc,etc......

:)

ill join u lot for a drink, just got in from work and back again at 0700 so im in fro a fun evening:(

poor you! my weekend Off :woot:
Wadda' fancy?

Pah!!

I just drove the mile and half to pick daughter up from karate.... driving along, starting to get a bit concerned about a very slight, barely noticeable vibration thru steering wheel. Try to convince myself that as a woman I should NOT be paying attention to such things.

Still trying......

F*****G nora!! Cant convince myself anymore when the flaming car goes from barely there vibration to nose dive left :bang: Catch it all up, and pull gently into the left, with that sinking feeling, knowing what awaits.....knowing its freezing cold, knowing there is already ice on the road, knowing I have no coat on, knowing I forgot to pick up the mobile phone and most of all knowing I am on a fairly busy bend :bang:

Yep, one N/S/F puncture, looks like tyre started to deflate then had a sudden catastrophic parting of company with the rim, hence the sudden nose dive....GREAT!!!

So, I take the 'stranded woman' way out, and gently drive it the 1/4 mile round the corner to the health club where daughter is . Park up, under a big car park spot light [see, I am thinking] and head indoors. Try to call Mr LL....called the landline....called his mobile....called my mobile... NADA!! NOWT!! No Bloody answer!!

Back outside, in the now -2 temps, and unload spare tyre, etc from boot, and start work....with TWO 13 yr old girls 'asking questions and trying ot be helpful' :bonk:

Now, scissor jacks are not the best, but positioned correctly, they just about work...though it helps if the sodding handle isnt made of something akin to coat hanger wire :shake: Finally got the car high enough off the ground to get the wheel off...'cept of course, despite liberal applications of grease last time the wheel was off, its stuck tight.... its an alloy wheel, so cant hit it...then...just for good measure, the driver of a black cab parked next to me appears, and says 'oh I was going to offer to help but you look like you have everything under control' and jumps in his cab and drives off like the hounds of hell are after him!! :bang:

Anway, some gentle tapping of the hub and some tugging [all the time watching for the jack deciding it doesnt want to play any more and trying not to throw a wheel brace at the 13 yr olds who are still 'trying to be helpful'] and the wheel finally decides it better play ball and comes away. PHEW!!

Put the spare on, lower the jack, tighten the nuts [oh there at least 2 men I can think of at this point whos nuts I would like to tighten...in a vice] bung everything back in boot and set off.

So, finally arrive home....what is my wonderful other half doing that stopped him being able to answer a phone? LISTENING TO MUSIC THROUGH HEADPHONES WHEN THE HOUSE IS EMPTY!!! AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So, I now have fingers that are barely able to type this long ramble, shoulders that feel like they were the ones being subjected to the 2 hours of karate [winding the jack up], I still have to do a late night tesco run as the cupboards are bare and i am COLD!!! WHERE is the whisky?? :nuts:

You forgot to get your daughter ;)
Ah just realised. Those were the 13 yr old girls (I thought they were passers by when I first read).

Congrats on the wheel change. I hate doing em..lol

Pour yourself a nice hot cuppa tea, and if your hands are still cold. Shove em on yer hubby..where he doesnt like cold hands goin'...that'll teach him!

Oh You poor thing LL :( Glad your sorted, now, have a double on me (y) Oh and sent the old man down to Tesco's you will over the limit once you have downed this 12 year old single malt (y)

Well, You think you had a bad day... I fractured my ankle! Which may I point out, hurts alot! So think yourself lucky that didn't happen to you! :p:p:p:LOL::LOL::crying:

Alright I'll ask ............... How did you break your ankle Woodsy ?

LL, I can change a wheel but always play the poor, doesn't have a clue, little woman. Works every time.

Hope you got yourself something nice at Tesco's.

lol... Stupidly! That's how! Playing basketball, landed badly after a layup, turned right ankle over onto the outside and the ligament pulled some bone away from itself. So not really a break, but a nastey little fracture instead :(

lol... Stupidly! That's how! Playing basketball, landed badly after a layup, turned right ankle over onto the outside and the ligament pulled some bone away from itself. So not really a break, but a nastey little fracture instead :(

OUch!! OK mate, I admit, you had a worse evening than I did. Hope the pain feels better soon. :shake:

Alright I'll ask ............... How did you break your ankle Woodsy ?

LL, I can change a wheel but always play the poor, doesn't have a clue, little woman. Works every time.

Hope you got yourself something nice at Tesco's.

Richmond, I have never HAD to change a wheel ever for that exact reason [which is not bad going for someone that can actually change tyres, shocks, etc etc].... but there had to be a first time when circumstances conspire....:LOL:

I got a new pair of boots :D

see sport is bad for you, and should be avoided at all costs :p

hope ur ankle gets better soon :)

LL.get the 13 year old ninja to kick his ass.
makes a change being able to get the wheel nuts off. after some spotty 17 yr old with an air gun tightens em to the miltary torque setting of F tight. thats why i got a spider(four way wheel nut thingy) in my boot.
i,ve known my mrs to change a tyre on the landrover before, and the spare was . on the roofrack.:puke:
although nowadays , she rings me or the AA.
she CAN do it, just doesnt wanna get dirty.
have you noticed how theyre always flat at the bottom too.? :)
that,ll be another new tyre then. driving it flat will have
fubar, ed it.
you tried those airbag jacks? slip under,stick pipe on exhaust and run engine. lifts anything , anywhere.

:LOL: I am quite lucky red, my mechanics know better than to tighten ANY wheel nut with an air ratchet, they have been threatened and provided with a very accurate snap-on torque jobbie, so the nuts were the easy part, just pressing on the brace with my foot and they cracked very easily.

However, the blond kung fu kid did comment [I hope, tongue in cheek] that it was only flat in one place :bonk:

although, when I get my estate car/dog taxi, I am putting a small trolley jack in there ;)

Changing a wheel should be part of the driving test.

Nice to hear that it's not just Ford that have handles on the jack which is for show purposes only.

Did you FUBAR the rim when the tyre came off?

Not on a quick inspection, but will take it into work monday, get the tyre off and look at it properly. Luckily this one had a spare that was also an alloy, so if the rim is damaged, will just replace it with a steel wheel to use as an emergency spare.

LL, Hope today has been a better day, why is that punctures only ever seem to happen in the dark, rain, sleet, snow or both!

Woodsy, ouch, just reading that made me wince!

hats off to LadyLens for sorting it!
well done ma'am!

can I call you when I get a flat?!?!?!

Well I am glad to see my worthless thread is still worthless 24 hrs later. :D
Bad luck on the ankle Woodsy, get well soon

Back