I'll Show You Mine If You Show me Yours.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Sex in metal! :love:

2477501495_931afc47bb_o.jpg

Almost as sexy as mine Cedric ... :LOL: ... great set of pics m8 ... (y)

I see you've got the metering Prism on board ... :cautious: ... does it work well compared to a separate meter ... :shrug:

:p

I see you've got the metering Prism on board ... :cautious: ... does it work well compared to a separate meter ... :shrug:

[/COLOR]

It works very well Rog. It's just a CDS needle which you centre between + and - marks, then read the exposure of that large index knob on the side of the prism. It's showing itself to be very accurate compared with the DSLR meter and a handheld meter.

The only problem is the weight - it's the earlier prism - all metal - later ones are plastic and a lot lighter. Lifting this one up to eye level and keeping it there (hand held) is a challenge! It's nice that it flips the image the right way round mind you, but it isn't ideal for lower viewpoint shots unless you're wearing your overalls!

Useful on occasion I think is the verdict Rog.. They do a waist level magnifier/ finder with a CDS meter which might be more useful, and they tend to go very reasonably on ebay too. ;)

LOL @ Gary. :D Can't give you a big argument mate!

Cheers Cedric ... (y) ... all useful information as I have been watching a couple of these on fleabay ... ;) ... might change my watchers now though ... :D

I have just taken a couple of images of my set up but flippin' E5 Edit package is crashing with a major error ... :cautious: ... more sorting out on the PC ffs ... :shrug:

They were not as flashy as your mind ... ;)

I just took 'em by window light hand held Rog.:woot:

There was a waist level metered finder on ebay very recently. I wish I'd gone for it now, and I can't even Google up an image of one. :shrug:

Back