I'm 500(mm) Happy

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
:DJust a quick pic to test out my new(2nd hand) lens. Got off ebay for £228+£10pp. (y)A big thanks to the seller David in Scotland for an accurate description and prompt response. Aution ended 11:15 on Wed, recieved today at 08:30.

Anyway back to the photo taken with Sigma 170-500mm f5-6.3 APO. Lighting a bit shoddy as I don't really do studio type shots but any C&C welcome.

1stwith500mm.jpg

[S1]Team Sony[/S1]

how did i guess you'd take the pic at 500mm lol. You must of been at the other end of the room to get the shot lol.

I like it. Just needs a bit of light on the top of the flowers though. :D

:help:I was wondering if anyone has this lens or had a chance to use it and if it is possible for hand held shots. At the moment I'm thinking that I will have to lug my tripod around with it. :shrug:

You will need your tripod, I have the 50-500 bigma and at the long end a tripod is a must.

I have that lens, and yes a support is required, Try a bean bag it saves the tripod weight:)

I can hand hold the canon 100 - 400 though

Graham

Thanks for the responses Graham/Gerods. Must admit to never thinking of using a bean bag but seen a lot of people praise them. I do have a monopole so I am hoping this will help as well. I just need some decent lighting (the weather has been so dismal this weekend).:)

:D(y)Thank you for the kind comment.

I was so chuffed with my bargain purchase(IMHO) I just wanted something remotely worth posting so I could check out the new Lens. As I mentioned I do not usually do Studio type shots as the lighting seems so important and I always prefer natural light.

Back