Im a newbie.. friend me

Name
Kate
Edit My Images
No
Hi there, im relatively new to the photographic world but am becoming increasingly interested and determined to learn more about my camera and how to take creative shots. Iv thought myself the basics and im learnign loads but I want to start taking more developed photos than the current ones im taking, they just seem so....basic.
Also im so confused, I see a photo I really like and try go about taking similar photos but everything seems to be photoshoped...I really hope I have to go learn the ins and outs of photoshop for a while, I know that amazing photos can be taken with out PS, so please give a gal a hand and some ideas for cool photos. any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hi Kate and welcome to TP :wave:

To help with some advice, tell us what sort of photography you are most interested in and want to be more creative in..... portrait/studio, landscape, wildlife, sport etc. That should help focus :D the replies

Hi Kate and welcome to TP. You could always post up some shots and ask for constructive crit or advice on improving your shots.

Welcome to TP Kate (I started off with an S9600 - I found it a pretty good bridge camera)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I have spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out how to put photos up on this, and so far iv gathered that you cant upload direct from your computer, images must be already online, so i went to my flikr acc and tried getting the url of the image but this is proving a problem too. im lost??

Thanks everyone. I have spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out how to put photos up on this, and so far iv gathered that you cant upload direct from your computer, images must be already online, so i went to my flikr acc and tried getting the url of the image but this is proving a problem too. im lost??

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=166289

This thread should help you with your images - post back if you're still having problems. When you get them uploaded make sure you pop them in the right forum (ie landscapes, pets, general sharing or any of the others). Hope this helps

Last edited:
Welcome to TP:)

ok Kate, simplest way to upload is

click your image in Flickr
click the Actions drop down box at the top of the image
select view all sizes
choose a decent size, either 800 longest edge or 1024 longest edge
right click on the image and choose properties. Properties box comes up
highlight the address (URL) in the properties box using your mouse
right click and copy
go back to TP
start new thread
put title in and whatever you want to say
left click on the Inset Image icon (looks like a grey mountain with yellow sky)
In the box that comes up, right click then select paste

This will put the URL of the image into your post
Just check that it works by hitting the "preview post" button at the bottom of this window

ok Kate, simplest way to upload is

click your image in Flickr
click the Actions drop down box at the top of the image
select view all sizes
choose a decent size, either 800 longest edge or 1024 longest edge
right click on the image and choose properties. Properties box comes up
highlight the address (URL) in the properties box using your mouse
right click and copy
go back to TP
start new thread
put title in and whatever you want to say
left click on the Inset Image icon (looks like a grey mountain with yellow sky)
In the box that comes up, right click then select paste

This will put the URL of the image into your post
Just check that it works by hitting the "preview post" button at the bottom of this window

Thanks, I did this and managed to get some photos in working process here. But do I really have to go up loading all my photos to flikr to get them here too?? thats a bit of a pain. I did notcie that the tutorial that pete sent says the images shoudl be no more that 800 pxls, but all of mine are at least 3000? iv downsized them but there still too big.

Flickr is just one site to be able to host photos.

All you need to do is when you save them for uploading to Flickr, make sure the longest side is no more than 1024. It used to be 800 max on TP but now its 1024 max size

Back