I'm back and heres a picture from Yosemite

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Toured around quite a few places in western USA and collected 1400 RAW images to keep me amused for a while. 10 gig or so now I've sorted them out and removed the small jpgs that the camera saved at the same time for instant laptop review of an evening. RAW processing on the laptop is a waste of time as it is slow and the screen is not trustworthy.

Currently trying to stay awake long enough to get past the jet lag.

I liked this image the moment I saw the small jpg on the laptop. It was one of those magical places where you take a few pictures then just put the camera down and look some more. one of many stunningly beautiful places we visited.

yosemite1.jpg

Might re process this when I'm more alert but it looked pretty good to me with next to no editing effort. There were some snow capped peaks around but this shot has no snow. The mountains are that light colour (and gave me exposure headaches in other places)

Welcome back Rob - pop round for a coffee if you like - thats a lovely and crisp shot!

John

Very nice shot - looks beautiful :)

Welcome back, no issues with security and bag restrictions I trust then (y)

Thanks. Think they have lifted the size restrictions now. US security coming back was far softer than UK going out though that could be down to the rules changing. There were signs saying one hand baggage item only but no one was taking much notice when people had more.

welcome back Robert! I hope you had a great time

super shot

Beautiful shot \O/ - puts my week in Devon into perspective!
Paul ;)

That looks great - makes me want to get on a plane and go!!

Breathtaking - love it! It's the air quality that gives it an edge.... it's the same when I go to Finland, The air is SO clean!

It was breathtaking for another reason too. The Tioga Pass where this picture was taken is not open for many months of the year. A bit further down the road the altitude is 10,000 feet and you certainly know it when you get out and walk around for a bit. Any exercise left me breathing deeper than normal.

Processed 400 out of 1400 so far. Yosemite pictures are next to do.

Me too.

er.. I'll be there in 19 days :woot:

On a 16 hour train and coach tour from SF the day following an 11 hour flight. :cautious: I think I'm getting to old for this. :thinking:

There is a valley at Yosemite with a one way tourist road running through it. We went there first and some of the views were very impressive.

When we left for the next destination we went via a Yosemite road that goes along the mountain tops and through the tioga pass. Have to say that was the highlight of the 2 weeks. The pass and whole road length was all stunning and made the valley look ordinary!

haha - I shot 1400 shots in a day at an airshow! (raw!!!)

haha - I shot 1400 shots in a day at an airshow! (raw!!!)

Same here, think I shot between 2500 and 3000 shots over the 2 days of the Sunderland airshow - and they were all **** ;)

(dont think my shutter will ever forgive me) :D

That water looks very inviting.
I could sit there for a few hours myself.

Were are the rest? :D

Looks just the place to alone with a camera.......looking forward to seeing some more (y)

That water looks very inviting.
I could sit there for a few hours myself.

Were are the rest? :D

This was at 9000ft and the water was cold :)

Funny thing was the scenes were *so* stunning that I took a few pictures and then just sat there with the camera in my lap just looking. It wasn't a point and blast away situation. I may have *only* 1400 images from 2 weeks but they are considered and so far a very high keeper ratio.

I'm finding myself sitting here smiling feeling very pleased with what I'm processing so far :)

Another 40 or so and San Francisco and Yosemite will be processed. I'll post more then (most likely tomorrow). Then I'll start on the final 700 :)

Back