I'm back!

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone

I joined TP a few years ago and was a very avid reader/lurker/ occasional contributor for a while when TP had its own app. When they decided to change format and start using Tapatalk I kinda threw a huff and didn't like the new format and found myself not using it so much.

I miss the wealth of knowledge and experience that this forum offers.

My photography has continued to grow and improve over the last couple of years but I'm still nowhere near the level of like to be.

I love shooting portraits although find myself wanting for models. My 4 kids take the brunt of my obsession.
I will on occasion get out and dabble with landscapes.

I currently work with a Canon 5d; a 100mm Cosina Macro lens, and a 28-80 and 70-200mm Canon lens. All pretty cheap lenses but money's always tight.

I have a home studio kit with background sets and 4/5 studio lights/ umbrellas/soft boxes. My triggers are a bit busted at the mo but My flashlight comes in handy atm for triggering them

I'll get round at some point to putting some of my images up for critique. I'm always looking to improve and some of the contributors on here are ruthless with their attention to detail.

I'm glad to be back and look forward to talking to some of you in the near future.

Oooh, should've said. I'm in Crossgates, Fife and work crazy shifts at Edinburgh airport so I'm awake at all sorts of mad hours.

Hi Derek, welcome back :welcome:

Stay a while longer eh ;)

Welcome back. Can you use the camera at work? Plenty of people at an airport for subjects

Thanks Norkie.

Unfortunately not Byker. I work through the back airside and it's all very security conscious.

Back