I'm coming to get you !

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
1.. One of my favourites in recent weeks, mr.fly doesn't know about mr.spider underneath him. Only now (3 hours after I took the shot) - Im thinking I should have hung around to see how close it got to him. Dammit. Only thought of the moment rather and what was going to happen next. Kicking myself now. Could have ended up with a great little series of it approaching and most likely getting some dinner. Will bear this in mind if Im lucky enough to spot a similar shot again.
14555688252_b75380fa4d_b.jpg

2.. Ahoy !
14370115517_0147ddfc8e_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. Took these on the 6d, 24-105 with 31mm tubes and a cheapo ebay led ring - I love the lighting off the led ring so might go spend £40 on a better set as ISO was something around the 1000 mark and I hate noisy images on macro stuff. Just doesn't look as sharp.

If anyone got any good suggestions for a fairly cheap led ring set, I think I paid about a tenner for this one, the £40 polaroid one's have twice as many leds so hopefully my ISO can drop down to around 500.

I'm also thinking of just sticking to the 50mm f1.8 (shoot at f5-f7.1) as its light and I've got some lovely images from it. I just keep swapping my kit about to see what gives me the best results and is comfortable to work with.

Last edited:
Imho, I think the composition in #1 is superb (and not that bad in #2, either!) (y)

Nigel

Back