im going to build a shed...

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
after ive been to asda, i will be back later...wish me luck!

Building a shed...grrrr...very MANLY!:D

It's not the building that's manly , it's the hiding from the wife & kids in it that is :D

You've been building this shed for weeks now haven't you?

Do the manly thing and leave it for another day, :D

right im back from shopping....might go out there and start....

come on...move it, move it, should take 2-5 hours depending on size.

I take it that it arrived at last then! The best thing we did was order one that came with 2 men to build it... I went in to put the kettle on to make them a drink and when I came out with their cuppas, they had done it, and were just fitting the door. Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything :D

matty said:
after ive been to asda, i will be back later...wish me luck!

Building a shed...grrrr...very MANLY!:D
Don't want to knock your ego here...but a flat pack is hardly building :p :D and yeah I seem to remember you talking of building a shed last year........must be a big un.;)

ok so its taken a while to get going, and yes its a flatpack....but still...you know!

Hint: the pointy bit goes on top. ;) :D

ive got the base down...just having lunch...found the instructions, and a blimmin big bag of screws!

Hint 2: Charge the cordless screwdriver while you're having lunch. ;)

matty said:
ive got the base down...just having lunch...found the instructions, and a blimmin big bag of screws!

Doesn't that just involve laying the big flat piece down on the ground :thinking: :p

Ah, but it has to be the right big flat piece, or the pointy bit ends up at the side. ;) This is skillful stuff y'know. :D

(And I bet he hasn't charged the screwdriver.....:p )

the wifes going in it apparently!

sides are on, but the chimps who cut the parts for me to assemble seem to have a few issues with saws/tapemeasures/accuracy.

just taking somepiccies of the offending rubbish as i go

That's all part of the fun.....making it fit when it actually doesn't.

I've just had a break from putting the roofing felt on my Hand made (from shaped pieces of real trees) shed...so now I'll go and knock in a few more nails.

Flat packs :shake:

i had charged it Silky! Just swapped bats, the dewalt ones last an age..

just the poncy bits to do now, and tidy up

matty said:
i had charged it Silky! Just swapped bats, the dewalt ones last an age..

just the poncy bits to do now, and tidy up

and the :beer:

indeed....im pooped, got a headache and some sunburn

shed is complete. Victory is mine.

piccy...

CIMG3108_Medium_.JPG

apparently, its a summerhouse, not a shed...

Well done, weve got one of those in our back garden leaning against the wall, Got it last year and not got round to building it yet. Got the sleepers to put the base on but thats about it so far.

thats the problem with sheds isnt it, they just dont build themselves

Looks just right, matty. :) Pointy bit in exactly the right place, happy resident on the threshhold, Cornish flags in the windows....:thinking: :eek:

well a lauren house, lol

the cornish flags are the 'techinical' method of holding the galss in...fretted MDF in green

we can tell it's not going to be used by you m8, it's not PINK!!!

your not funny...i hear theres a mod job going elsewhere....can be arranged...

shed, that's not a shed, this is a shed ;)

start.jpg

stable1.jpg

Now wouldnt it be worth an extra £30 if they just brought it on a lorry, used a crane off the lorry to put it in the garden where half a dozen blokes put it exactly where you want it.

Back