I'm in the news!

Very impressive.Particularly like the boat and the plane graveyard.Art.

Well done Phil, brilliant shots, love the use of light and colour.

If this is you at 19, then I can see a great future and career in front of you. Good luck for the future.

And there was me thinking Crimewatch caught up with you :LOL:

Stunning picture mate (y). How did you light up the interior?

Stunning!

I have a couple of questins if you don't mind. How do you get the colours? For instance your shot of the caravan is green inside. Do you place a coloured light in there beforehand? I know this is probably a basic question, but I am intrigued and have no idea how you have done this.

How did you go about getting them published in the Telegraph? Dd they approach you or did an agency do so on your behalf?

Once again, well done, really impressive stuff.

Fantastic shots there, Phil and well done for getting published too :clap:

As a Land Rover fanatic I particularly enjoyed the old Range Rover ones :) I'd love the exterior shot as my desktop wallpaper (y)

Keep up the good work!

Very nice work, and well done on getting national coverage..

I have a couple of questins if you don't mind. How do you get the colours? For instance your shot of the caravan is green inside. Do you place a coloured light in there beforehand? I know this is probably a basic question, but I am intrigued and have no idea how you have done this.

Coloured gels on the flashes. Basically theatrical plastic filter film, available in a very wide range of colours. Cut to size and fit with velcro or an elastic band.

Excellent shots - how long does the shutter have to be open for stuff like that? I assume a very very long time for the stars to start swirling?

Phil
fantastic Pictures, great imagination, and so young, You clearly have a great future.
These are Art not pictures, stunning

Phil - These are superb. Well done. Can you tell me, is the derelict building with the red interior the one on Croxteth Lane near Middlewich? If so, it's one I drive past regularly and have often thought about shooting it.

Gareth

Excellent shots phil, but whoever took the last photo of you, needs a slap!!!
I'm assuming you used the 17-40mm l series.
I had reservations about buying that lens, but after seeing your shot's, I'm sold.

Last edited:
Brilliant! What amazing work - and I agree with the others, a great future indeed!

great stuff phil.. well done and congrats for getting in the paper. some familiar locations there that you have turned into great pieces of art (except that one of you :D)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys- they also used one of my cooling tower shots on page 8 in the Telegraph yesterday... -

ill try and answer all the questions in 1 go - Yes it is the house in middlewich and its very easy to gain access too aswell :)

exposure times are around 4 + minutes which gives me time to run around in the dark and trip over stuff whilst trying to light up my subject. I use coloured gells to light up my shots (lee ones off ebay are mint for this kind of stuff) Some of the pictures are stacks which ate continuous 30 second exposures on a higher iso, noise doesnt matter as when you stack them it gets rid of most of it (shooting this way gives you brighter stars and also more reliable so you dont have to faf around doing the whole shot again if you happen to cock it up)

Impressive stuff Phil. Keep up the great work!

Yeah that turbine looks surreal, like an enormous daisy!

Andy

Good stuff man I like it makes Britain look good lol actually it is quite good but these photos catch the beauty of Britain under the stars good work keep it up....

Nice, set for me some of the colours work, some don't but thats just personal taste.

Question though, how do you do the long exposures as you obviously don't stand there for the long pressing the button (or on the cord)

Wow, amazing shots!

I like them all, but I prefer the "naturally lit" ones most, might just be me being boring though.

The Penmon Point lighthouse shot is just awesome!!

Cheers

Aled

Well done Phil, brilliant shots, love the use of light and colour.

If this is you at 19, then I can see a great future and career in front of you. Good luck for the future.

That's the first thing which sprang to mind as soon as I saw those photos.

You've certainly got the hang of it when it comes to using a camera, Phil! Good work.

Back