I'm killing lightroom-HEEEELP it's ******

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to merge an 8MB Lightroom Catalogue on my external drive with the much larger one on my PC. Does anyone know how to do CPR on a PC I think it's gonig to die on me.:bang:

And I thought firewire would speed things up too.:bonk:

Firewire will speed up disk to disk activity (ie copying files) but it's RAM and CPU speed that will have most affect on this type of work

If it's USB 2 then It'll be faster than Firewire anyway. However after learning how both firewire and USB work, as in the actual data transfere protocols, it's a wonder how they work so well! As correctly said though, it's RAM and CPU speed that will be the bottle neck here :)

Even worse. I've finally got all my photos on one drive and in one catalogue, deleted the photos from the old drive and when I go to the develop module it won't open a single photo. says it can't for some reason.

Oh dear. I hope you haven't deleted the old photos for good because all lightroom does is index them from their original locations.

Nurse - undelete software required - STAT!

Just when I thought I was out of the woods lightroom has died altogether. I finally got it working last night by starting a new catalogue and reloading all the photos into it one year at a time. Everything was working fine. I then decided to cleanup the computer by doing a de-frag, running the registry cleaner and using the disk clean up tool. Now eveytime LR opens it has to close again giving me this screen.

lr-prob1.jpg

It's not normally white screen likie that it just happened that one time. I've uninstalled LR and re-installed it and it has made no difference. I also re-instated the previous registry just in case and it didn't help either.

What now?

Create a new user account (right click My Computer>Manage>Local Users and Groups>Users)

Login with the new user account, start Lightroom. Does the error still occur?

Cheers for the help Evilowl. Before I found your post I thought I'd see if Adobe could be any help. Went through their fault finding, renamed the preferences file which then forces LR to create a new one on start and robert's your mother's brother I'm back in business.

That was going to be my next recommendation depending on the result of the new profile

Glad you sorted anyway...

Back