I'm new to 120mmm....a question

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
I know I am very green to all this, so please excuse what is probably a really silly question, but.....I have just bought some Ilford HP5 to use in my Bronica S2. How do I know how many exposures it will give me? There is nothing on the packing and the camera has a dial for either 12 or 24.

Anyone around to help? :shrug:

On 120 film you'll get 12 exposures.

On 220 film you'll get 24 exposures. :)

Nice camera - enjoy!

Good luck :) Hope you have fun with it!

I'll really try. Problem is, she hasn't been used for many, many years and I am only guessing she is ok. The weather forecast is pretty grim, so I might get some moody, brooding images.....or just loads of underexposed rubbish....only time will tell. It's all a bit exciting really.

I didn't know that about the etrs, I wonder why that is.
The 6x6 Bronnies have a selecter knob to choose 120 or 220 film actually on the film back.
220 film is the same diameter as 120, because there is no backing paper on 220, why would an etrs need different backs for 120/220 film.
rob a tog, make em buy 2 backs ??

ere, does a 220 back take 120 film

eee, its yonks since I even saw a roll of 220 film anyway..

Well thats what the manual says "Daylight loading interchangeable type; exclusive
film back for 120, 220 and 135 roll film
and Polaroid Land pack film" and

"5 Types of Film Backs:-
Film Back Ei 120 ( 15 exposures )
Film Back Ei 220 ( 30 exposures )
Film Back ETRS 135N ( Frame Size: 24 X 36mm )
Film Back ERRS 135W ( Frame Size: 24 X 54mm )
Polaroid® Pack Film Back E ( 8 exposures )"

......appreciate it might be different on the S2 as there a few less exposures to :thinking:.....and so it is "Film magazine is able to use 120 and 220 film." :nuts:

It depends on the format it shoots in (i.e. 6x4.5 or 6x6 or 6x7 or 6x9...) So it'll range from 15 to 8, I think. My Bronica ETRS is 6x4.5 and so is 15 shots :)

I'd have to recommend Colab. They provide a very professional service to lots of pro togs. Not the cheapest, but not expensive either for what you get IMHO.

I got 12 exposures :)

Now....where do I send them to be processed and printed? Any suggestions.......and NO, I am not going to even try and do it myself! :LOL:

Do you want them printed ?
If you get decent scans, you can do a bit of processing yourself (if they need it), and nip into Click or whatever with them on a storage device, print the ones you actually want digitally.
Its not the same as enlarger printing but, I dont think processing labs print from enlargers anyway....I dunno.

Back