Im Off To Marrakesh In The Morning

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Ive booked to go to Marrakesh all inclusive to the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie in just over a week has anyone been and what are the must sees/tours, Ive got a few places to visit like the tannery, photographic museum, plus in and around the city but would like to venture out to Cascades of Ouzoud waterfall, and Ourika Valley, has anyone any other suggestions of must sees and do's

TIA

Dave

Last edited:
I'm heading there in June so I've only done a little planning and most of my time will be outside of Marrakesh but here are some ideas:

- Medina
- The many mosques
- Bahia Palace
- Ali ben Youssedf Medersa
- Saadian Tombs
- Dar si Said
- Explore the souks
- Eats lots of street food

I'm heading there in June so I've only done a little planning and most of my time will be outside of Marrakesh but here are some ideas:

- Medina
- The many mosques
- Bahia Palace
- Ali ben Youssedf Medersa
- Saadian Tombs
- Dar si Said
- Explore the souks
- Eats lots of street food

Thanks very much Jacob

some of those are already on my list but the ones that arent Ive put them on my list now:) and I will do research on them we will eat street food but we wont be eating any meats we always just vegs dishes that our rule in foreign countries, like Africa and Asia, in hotel and restaurants that a different matter :)

Last edited:
Hi Ricardoda

I did a search on TP this morning for Marrakesh and saw you images, clicked through to flickr and book marked your Marrakesh set so I could show Julie a slideshow of your shots she is well impressed with them and you have inspired me to look for similar shots could I ask what lens you used please? thanks for sharing your stunning images (y)

I know your shooting for the part F1.8 aperture priority ISO 100 so are you focusing and recomposing? and do you shoot to the right for compensation, or left to under expose? I know different situations demand different but as a rule, ie for #1 and #2

TIA

Last edited:
Just Dave said:
Thanks very much Jacob

some of those are already on my list but the ones that arent Ive put them on my list now:) and I will do research on them we will eat street food but we wont be eating any meats we always just vegs dishes that our rule in foreign countries, like Africa and Asia, in hotel and restaurants that a different matter :)

Hi Dave, it's understandable but in my experience of Asia I only had food poisoning twice in 5 months and that was eating nearly solely street good, the two times I had food poisoning was an egg fried rice and a veg stir fry style dish both in restaurants haha
I hear the food in morocco is of a better standard and the veg food is good like falafel but I'm looking forward to the meat tagines mmmm

Hi Ricardoda

I did a search on TP this morning for Marrakesh and saw you images, clicked through to flickr and book marked your Marrakesh set so I could show Julie a slideshow of your shots she is well impressed with them and you have inspired me to look for similar shots could I ask what lens you used please? thanks for sharing your stunning images (y)

I know your shooting for the part F1.8 aperture priority ISO 100 so are you focusing and recomposing? and do you shoot to the right for compensation, or left to under expose? I know different situations demand different but as a rule, ie for #1 and #2

TIA

Hi Dave, and thanks for the comments. The lens/camera combo was very cheap. My old humble Nikon D3000 and the cheap but wonderful Nikon 35mm f1.8. I focused, then shot. No recomposing. I used matrix metering for all the shots.

I hear the food in morocco is of a better standard and the veg food is good like falafel but I'm looking forward to the meat tagines mmmm

Hi Jacob, I will have a look when we get there and decide then if I should try meats from street vendors, mmmmm I cant wait for lamb or goat tagine yummy bet there loads of fab sweets to have as well mmmmmmmm

anyone else been and found any hidden gems we should do and see, thinking of hot air balloon at the foot of atlas mountains anyone done that

Have a great time Dave (y)

Enjoy yourself pal! See you when you get back.(y)

Cheers Gramps and Baz,

Gramps weve got loads of trips booked, as I believe Marrakesh is very smoggy so not good for me, but Ill see when I get there, cant wait to go to the souks smells colours culture :)

Thanks Baz, Look forward to our next day out (y)

Can't really help you with Marrakesh Dave :) but as for eating abroad, I guess a little bit of common sense will see you though - like eating at Restaurants that always look busy/popular. That way you're not eating food thats been standing around forever. I found street vendors okayish too but I was eating stuff that had been deep-fried-to-death in hot oil :)

As for the proposed balloon trip, maybe wrap up? I was freezing to death when I did it in a t shirt n shorts.

Enjoy your trip :)

Good start to the trip then :D

I'm not a bit jealous Dave :razz:

Have a great time but be sure to bring back some good pics :D

Had a fab meal sweet corn soup, tagine of lamb cous cous, plus others I have no idea it was but it was good, then greedy me 7 sweets wine flowing well :LOL::LOL: mmmmm yummy, stuffed

Been to Marrakech today chaotic but fun, been to tannery was as expected stinks to high hells, tried charging us,no chance, got the pics I wanted, Back at hotel had dinner was good as always hit the sweets. Again had quite a few again going to essaoura 2moz fishing village about 3hrs away

Been to fishing village today fab went to medina and had a lamb tagine was well good sat upstairs over looking square people watching got ssme good shots went to argane nut area saw them making ools nothing os waste theuale ols perfume the shells making animal food and garden and cover compost Julie bought lots of products cost 100 quid wow went to see fish market minging 3 hr drive to hotel knackered yeah lie tomorrow

We went last year. Fabulous place. How many times did you get lost in the medina? :LOL:

:LOL: yeah Medina. well Souk is a labyrinth if small alleys and covered streets, we didnt get lost because we didnt know where we were going :LOL:

When do we get to see the photos?

Just got back about 30 mins ago Im flippin freezing, I havent downloaded them as yet

Back