I'm the biggest idiot

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
Last week the movers came and packed up my house. Now I have a safe which keeps all my important documents. YOu know passports, birth certificates and for Keegan proof of citizenship (as he was born in Germany). But I keep them all together. Anyone see where this is going yet. Yes you guessed it the movers packed the safe with all the documents inside. So my passports and everything proving who I am and that my son is mine and that he is a US citizen is very safely packed on a ship on its way to America.

So I go to the embassy website to see about getting an emergency passport to get me back to the states. This is what I need to bring with me to the Embassy:

* Proof of U.S. citizenship:
o a U.S. birth certificate;
o naturalization certificate;
o certificate of citizenship;
o consular report of birth abroad; or
o an expired passport;

* Proof of identity
o a valid passport of any country;
o a valid driver's license with photograph;
o a national identity card with photograph;
o a valid U.S. or state government ID card;
o a U.S. military ID card; or
o Identifying Witness: If you are unable to present photo identification as specified above, you should bring a relative, friend or traveling companion (preferably a family member) who has known you for over two years and who can present a valid, preferably U.S., passport, and who is able to submit a sworn statement confirming your identity.

Now the proof of identity isn't a problem because I have a military ID card but I have nothing to prove either me nor my son are US citizens and I can't even prove my son is who I say he is. I"m waiting for the Embassy to open to find out what I can do..... I am just worried sick.

Good grief - that moment of realisation must have been awful:eek: ! I'm sure the folk at the embassy will be able to help! Especiallly with the military connection you have! Good luck - hope it sorts itself out (things invariably do!)(y)

Oh Renee giving you a :hug:
because Im sure you must have given yourself a few :bonk: by now!
No consolation I know, but its just the kind of thing I'd do too.

I bet youre on the edge of your seat waiting for the Embassy, hope they can sort you.

Good luck!

Wouldn't the US Military ID double up as proof of citizenship?

(Excuse my ignorance here, but can non citizens get Military ID?)

Hope you get it sorted Renee. Im sure the US Embassy will help, given who you are, so to speak :)

Any spouse or child of a military person can get an ID card. Matter of fact you don't have to be a citizen to be in the American Military.

But I called and for me my ID card plus an afadavit saying I'm a US citizen will get me a new one and for Keegan we have to swear our lives away and they will look up his consular birth certificate for proof of citizenship. So we are going on Friday and hope all will be ok then. Thanks for the kind words.

You poor thing! :hug: hope it all gets sorted soon!

I thought it was just me who did stuff like that! :thinking: I managed to put my birth certificate and my driving licence in the re-cycling, thought it was an EMPTY envelope :bonk:

Yikes! Hope you'll sort something out!

Crikey Bob ... :eek: ... one way or another you are putting yourself through the mill a bit lately Renee ...
th_2c3942a6.gif

Think you need more of these ...
pophugbyzappe1ak.gif
... to see you through ... ;)

Hope everything goes alright from here on in ... :shrug:

:p

Back