iMac v Pc

Just to keep the mac peoples feet on the ground, I bought 2 27" imacs three weeks ago; both faulty out of the box. One would not wake up, and just discovered the second one won't partition the internal HDD. swapped out the first one, probably do the same with the second.

Just goes to show they are not the bomb proof pieces of perfection they claim.

That's unfortunate, but again - no one ever said they are perfect and never go wrong, but independent surveys confirm that they are generally one of the best, if not the best for reliability.

spoke to the Trafford centre shop, told me to take it back and swap it. Which in the grand scheme of things is very good, just a 50 mile round trip after packing the monster up.

You haven't included Anti-Virus software for the Mac either. The only reason it would be needed on either machine is if you were constantly downloading from dodgy sources.

not quite.

visit the same dodgy sites for mac and pc and the pc will get the virus, the mac wont. why? because the viruses are created to affect the pc but not the mac.

not quite.

visit the same dodgy sites for mac and pc and the pc will get the virus, the mac wont. why? because the viruses are created to affect the pc but not the mac.

A trojan can affect either machine though and there have been a couple of trojan attacks recently. Both involved downloading stolen iLife09 and iWorks09 software via torrents. Both were stopped by Apple very quickly even though the people affected were stealing their software :shrug:

being the op i thought i'd let you know what i ended up getting;
i5-750/6GB Ram/500GB HD PC + 23''Dell Ultrasharp Monitor
Total cost £815
granted i don't think the system will look as nice as an iMac but i feel its defo better value for money

price update - i've just got an extra 10% off the base unit so now total cost:£760
q pleased with myself:cool:

Back