Image edits: Before & Afters.

Thought I'd post another before and after from a recent trip. I was amazed how much detail I could get out of the shadows. :)

Before
itg1279aeditresize.jpg

After
itg1279a1editresize.jpg

Strangely Van Gogh-y. I really don't like these type of effects usually but for some reason I think that picture looks great

Thank you - give me a min and I'll get it for you - I posted it in another thread.

Edit - here it is (roughly)

The rough running order was:

Auto fix (I know!!)
Adjust white balance
Upper contract level (to medium)
Correct horizon (I think I must be ****ed when taking shots as they're always off!)
Bring EXP back down
Upped clarity\vibrance
Gradient filter - -1 Exp covering the sky at an angle
Brush - Further clarity brush to land areas (including the little islands at sea)
Brush - Brought down colour temp on the water

Last edited:
Strangely Van Gogh-y. I really don't like these type of effects usually but for some reason I think that picture looks great

I couldn't agree more with you - I don't like the majority of overfiltered photos or most HDR ones, but playing with CS6 to try and understand it I was quite pleased with this one.

The original photo I felt was quite boring - but the filter actually gave it a lease of life.

I guess this illustrates that any technique when applied to the right image has the possibility of improving it or taking it to a different consideration level.

Just posted in general for any topics showing before/after shots and got pointed here. Everything i`ve seen so far is great! Goes to show how much can be done with some editing. Unfortunately I dont have much to contribute as i`m not that good with PP but came here to learn.

Anyone got more before and after shots to put up? Would be good to see! :)

Think this is going to become one of my favourite threads............ heads off to subscribe.

Must say im liking all the befores and afters.
Im newbie so its helps me when I come to
PP my pictures

Last edited:
I think I might have posted this before somewhere around here? Before After http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaunwilkinsonphotography/7667221996/ Wheel barrow by Shaun Wilkinson Photography, on Flickr Process [*]Cloned and healed [*]Added detail [*]Reduced noise [*]Toned [*]Selective colour [*]Increased contrast [*]Cropped [*]Vignette Should have done some D&B as well but didnt get round to it.. :)

Shaun loving this edit! Well done!
I have a few things I could try this with.
Cathy

My skin's been suffering a bit lately after a hair oiling session and I've suffered dark shadows all my life so I took this one just to see what I could do in terms of skin.. I wanted a clean, fresh, light and bright end result.. I missed focus but oh well - it was a PPing trial.

Before :eek: :eek: :LOL:
2n6i169.jpg

After (suffered a bit of oversharpening via flickr)
10403791575_2c1aa04434_z.jpg

My main photography tends to be underwater and are shot in jpeg out of a little Gopro hero. As such I had to learn to use lightroom as without some PP every image taken with such basic tools in such a harsh environment obviously come out awful.

I am no PP master - but I am getting there slowly but surely.

Before:
1274005_10202393008015141_1611083539_o.jpg

After:
1269624_10202393007855137_1273809497_o.jpg

Before:
906735_10202388332218249_1175956104_o.jpg

After:
1273313_10202388384099546_1388321993_o.jpg

He didn't exactly look pleased to see us it has to be said. LOL

Interesting thread.

It's good to see what people start off with prior to PP as I normally only get to see my own.

Always interesting to see what the original image was. Keep posting people

Back