Image Libraries

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Are any of you registered with any libraries?
If so, care to share your experience?
I also have a few questions.

Are there any particular ones you recommend? Or any that should be stayed away from?

How many shots is considered acceptable?
Do you upload only your best work, or as many as you can?
What about shots in a series, do you pick just one, or process and upload many (ie very similar) shots?
What about exclusivity?

Regards

I was going to ak this question and you beat me to it... :p

I was reading a similar thread on another forum and 'Photographers Direct' got a few mentions. I have just registered with them. You have to submit 10 examples of your work before they will accept you, then when you are accepted and upload images, they rate your images. Have no idea what they are like... only time will tell.

I've registered as a contributor with Alamy.
I'm preparing my first disk of images to be sent in this week.

Everything you need to know and do for contribution is explained to you in the
registration process, so it makes it less likely that your images get rejected.
They also give advice on shooting your subjects.

matt. i registered with alamy a few weeks ago. as youve no doubt seen, theyre very strict on everything and have had my first qc submition since 15th of march and still havent finished processing it.

ive also registered with shutterpoint, theyre much more lax and you just upload your images direct to them, no quality control etc. as a result, theres some complete guff on there, but also some really nice work. not too sure yet how good it will be from a buyers point of view, they might be put off by searching through a hundred snapshots for the few great images.

most good agencies dont like you submitting similar shots, it just makes more work for them for no real benefit. just submit your best stuff. also dont submit sunsets and flower macros unless they are something really special, you will be suprised how many of these shots they already have.

exclusive shots are up to the buyer most of the time, they will pay the extra if they want it. you can sometimes specify if you want to keep a shot exclusive but it depends on the agency.

i've just joined that fotolia site, just uploaded some of my duck/swan pics and will see what happens

just logged in to alamy to check progress and my images have all passed qc:woot: . it took almost 20 days from recieving them to clearing them. ill keep you updated with progress.

just need to make sure someone buys them now

Well done Trip, you must be really pleased :) Have you had any interest through shutterpoint yet?

Keep us informed how you are getting on and how many you sell at Alamy.

thanks. i havent had much interest through shutterpoint, at least not from buyers, contributers and guests are going through my work so at least my images are getting some exposure. its a six month subscription(about $15) so ill see how it goes before deciding wether to stick with them or not.

Back