Image numbering

Name
Daron
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a new 40d last week & a new 4gb card for it, but the pictures I've taken with it are numbered in the 9000's.

I did use some old cards before the new one arrived & they may have had 9000 saves, perhaps thats caused the camera to continue the numbering?

Does anyone know how to check the actuations on the body, just for peace of mind!

No idea how to check the actuations, but the camera will carry on with the next image number when a new card is put in unless you change the setting in the menu to start again with new cards.

Yup, thats probably what happened. The image number is taken by the memory cards :)

Download Opanda then check the shutter activations from the Exif file of any picture from that body.

AFAIK There's no way of checking shutter actuations.

I know there's no *proper* way in the 10 20 or 30D, so I assume the same's for the 40D.

Canon engineers can check though.

I say you should do a tally chart and tick one everytime you press the shutter ;)

Just think of all the press, wedding photographers doing that :LOL:

shutter actuations should be in the EXIF - certainly is in Nikons

Yep, I've just checked, Nikons can be checked by exif & also the 1 series, but not the 40d.

I'm sure it was the old cards that did it, I've only taken a couple of hundred shots so I think I'll just reset it now.

Back