image software

Name
jay
Edit My Images
Yes
hello again
what software do you use,capture nx,lightroom elements etc.do you think some are better than others, what would you recommend and why?
thanks jay

That's an open question. If you are shooting in jpg only there's loads of good programs around. Picasa (free) or ACDSee are 2 of the best imo. If shooting raw and you want to do some creative pp then Photoshop is fantastic but a steep learning curve.

There's also the question of workflow. Quite a few people use Lightroom and find it perfectly good enough. Also, what about the software that came with your camera?

Perhaps you could tell us what camera you use, what image format, and what you want to achieve with the software? We could give you a more considered reply then. :)

i use a nikon d80 and shoot in raw , i would like to deepen skies lighten shadows etc.currently im using a trial of capture nx 2 ,im not getting on with it. thnks jay

well personally i would be using Photoshop for that but you might want to check out a trial of ACDSee Pro. That is quite good and has a reasonable interface, far easier than Photoshop anyway.

I have no experience with NX2 so can't comment on that.

I use three things, Picasa so the wife can see the shots and make little tweaks, Lightroom for bulk operations and quick fixes for the RAW files, Photoshop when I really need to make significant changes.

Capture NX, Lightroom and CS3 here.

I use lightroom and photoshop.

Only Lightroom 2 here...

thank you all for the imput
cheers jay

Lightroom mainly, to catalogue, edit ( mainly colour balance and dust removal ) and store my captures.
Photoshop for editing and printing.
PTGui for stitching Panoramas.

I also use Noise Ninja and Tiffen PS plugins.

I use the GIMP, usually with RawTherapee.
They're both available for free (legally) and they're also easy to use, I like their interface and tools they offer.
When needed, I use Neat Image for noise reduction and it works great for me.

You can find a short list of various imaging software in one of the links in my signature.

Back